I Am Out Of My Mind In Love

This is part 4 of The Summer I Turned Pretty, and the last part!
I hope you guys have loved this as much as I have loved writing it!
To follow with on the journey, go and read Wildest Dreams which is uploaded onto this profile!

"I love you, Belly."

Belly wanted to hear those words for years. For Conrad Fisher to tell her that he loved her. But both of them knew that things were insane. Belly was just the girl who Conard grew up with. But hearing those words were something else for Belly. It was words that she wanted to hear her whole life. And now she did. She had heard the words she wanted to hear from Conrad Fisher her whole life. Besides, it wasn't at all what she had hoped. He was drunk. Conrad probably didn't even mean those words and that had hurt Belly more than anything. Knowing that Conrad was drunk when he said the words that Belly has wanted to hear all her life made her think about what she and Conrad actually was. They weren't anyone. They were friends.

Conrad woke up as he exhaled. Feeling as his head was pounding he sat up while he saw as his own brother walked into the room. Jeremiah had looked at Conrad while he felt like his brother would eventually remember what had happened.

"Your hair is like a little kid's, the way it's always so messy."

"I love you,"

"I love you, Belly."

And Conrad had remembered every detail of the night. He groaned as he fell with his face into his hands while he heard someone downstairs.

"Come on. Let's get you sobered up. Maybe before Belly wakes up. Come on," Jeremiah said as they had gone downstairs.

Conrad sat down by the island as Jeremiah made him a smoothie. A green smoothie with special ingredient was how Jeremiah cured a hungover. Belly walked down the stairs looking at the two boys. She had smiled as she saw how Taylor came towards her yanking her aside by her arm.

"Can we please talk? We're supposed to play volleyball, and you know we can't do that when you're mad at me," Taylor said as Belly looked at her.

"Maybe you should have thought of that before you kissed Steven. I'm upset, Taylor, not mad. I'll be fine. You're fine. We're all fine," Belly said.

"Yay," Taylor said as she hugged Belly.

"Let's go kick some volleyball ass," Taylor said.

Belly looked at Conrad over Taylor's shoulder. It felt like her heart had tightened while she also felt a type of childlike feeling escaping. She still couldn't believe what had happened, yet, she had experienced it. She just shook her head as she smiled at Taylor.

"Let's win this," Taylor said.

The volleyball fields was the beach and Taylor loved it all. Belly smiled at everyone as she saw how Susannah went forward with a microphone.

"Good afternoon. I'm Susannah Fisher, chair of the club's community service board, and I am delighted to welcome you to Play It Forward!" Susannah said as Belly saw how Conrad came to stand next to her and everyone cheered on.

"You know, as my mother used to say, if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough. And we are very fortunate indeed, which is why, in the spirit of fun and friendly competition. It is time to open our hearts and our wallets and give back to those who may not be as fortunate. We have teams raising money for homelessness, women's shelters, environmental causes and many more. And Play It Forward will match pledges for the winner of the tournament!" Susannah said as Conrad looked at Belly.