Chap 4- Akshara's hard times

Akshara leaned back on her seat and closed her eyes. She was extremely tired and emotionally exhausted. She took out her phone and started going through pictures of her, Abhi and Neil. Her heart ached at the thought that Neil was gone forever. A brother, a friend.............gone forever..........even before he could see his own baby's face! How ruthless could God be!

"Madamji," said Abhinav," the homestay you have chosen........I have lived in Kasauli all my life. Trust me, its not good enough and not very safe. If you dont mind, my best friend's wife has her homestay there too. And dont get me wrong Madamji. I am not suggesting this because of any personal interests."

"You can call me Akshara," she said," and thank you. I will stay at your friend's house."

She looked at him with a soft gaze and said," Ji.....aapka naam?"

"Abhinav," he said.

GOENKA HOUSE

"I spoke with Akshu," Manish said to Swarna," she is fine. She has decided to leave this town. I tried to talk her into coming back home but she wont........"

"Manish ji," Swarna said," she isnt wrong here. The way her husband and in-laws have treated her.............Had Naira and Seerat been alive today, those Birlas wont have dared.............."

"You are still not seeing Akshara's fault!" yelled Arohi coming towards them,"I lost my husband................"

"And Akshu lost her babies trying to save your husband," said Manish angrily.

"Manish ji please," said Swarna," look at Arohi's condition."

"Aru," she said to Arohi," you shouldnt stress yourself. Its not good for your baby. Come with me."

ON THE WAY TO KASAULI

The weather was slowly turning windy. The weather forecast had predicted a thunderstorm the following day. Akshara was looking out of the open window. The cold night air was like a soothing ointment to her broken heart. She soon began to feel nauseous.

She bent over the window and vomitted several times. She then rinsed her mouth with the water from her water bottle and wiped her face with her dupatta.

She then started weeping. Wiping her face with a small face towel, she dialled Abhimanyu's number.

"Please please pick up the phone Abhi,"she whispered in the darkness. But none of her calls were answered. The phone dropped from her hands as the horror of reality sank into her heart. Her marriage was over. And she was all alone in an unknown place with her baby in her womb.

"I cant do this alone Abhi," she whispered to herself," I.........."

Her gaze fell on Abhinav who was fast asleep leaning on the seat. He was shivering due to the cold winds. She quickly picked up her phone and closed the window.

She then looked away from him and wiped her tears.

"Mere papa ne toh Naira maa aur Seerat maa dono ka humesha saath nibhaya tha," she thought, " Wo world ke best husband they. Kash ki mujhe bhi aisa jeevan saathi mila hota. Kash............."

Just then, the bus came across a speed breaker and jerked badly. Akshara grabbed onto Abhinav's arm to prevent herself from falling. In his sleep, Abhinav placed his other hand on Akshara's hand.

Akshara immediately removed her hand from his arm. She too soon fell asleep as the bus moved towards its destination- KASAULI.