Chap 16- Crossroads

TWO DAYS LATER

Akshara was busy packing her and Abhir's clothes. The hotel owner had given Abhinav a decent place to stay. So Muskaan had insisted that she and Abhir spend the winter break in Udaipur with Abhinav. Abhir was overjoyed while Akshara had mixed feelings about this.

"Mumma!" said Abhir walking in," for the very first time in my life, I am going outside of Kasauli!"

Akshara smiled and nodded. 

"Muskaan bua has given me this new camera. I will click lots of pictures!"

Akshara's phone rang.

"Boliye Abhinav ji," she said answering the phone.

"So," he said," is the packing done?"

"Almost," she replied folding Abhir's sweater and packing it into the suitcase.

"Nice," he said wondering what more to say.

"Papa," said Abhir taking the phone from Akshara," mumma is packing my books as well. Its my winter break. Please tell her to not bring any study material!"

"Badmash!" said Akshara snatching the phone from him," and who is going to do all that holiday homework of yours?"

Abhir made a sad face.

"Abhinav ji," she said," you dare not pamper him too much. Jab se isne suna hai udaipur jaane kaa, padai likhai sab chor di hai!"

"Oho Akshara ji, aap toh mere bete ke peeche ki par gyi hain. Khair koi nahi, Nikke ji samajhdar hain. Class mein humesha top karte hain."

Akshara said goodbye and disconnected the call. She packed the remaining stuff and placed the suitcases close to the main door.

"The last bus leaves at 4:30pm. I will quickly prepare lunch. We shall then eat and leave."

THE BIRLA HOUSE

"That five star hotel," said Mahima going through some files," whats the name? Gulmohar Grand.....Its booked for our medical conference."

Abhimanyu and Arohi nodded.

"If everything goes well," Mahima said,"our plan of turning Birla Hospital into the city's biggest trauma centre shall be successful."

"And now," she continued," that Arohi's masters is complete, we even have a Pediatric surgeon on our team."

"Yes taiji," Abhimanyu said," all of us are working very hard."

KASAULI BUS STAND

"Please give me a phone call once you reach there safely," said Muskaan helping Abhir and Akshara with the luggage.

"Neelamma's medicines are in the living room cabinet," said Akshara making Abhir wear a thick fluffy winter cap.

Saying their goodbyes, Abhir and Akshara left for Udaipur.