Chap 15- Akshara left heartbroken

Abhimanyu held Akshara's mangalsutra in his hands. His mind flashed back to the day she had removed it, signed the divorce papers and left. He recalled the day of their marriage, the smile on her face, the love in her eyes.....................

"Abhi......" Manjiri's voice put an end to his chain of thoughts.

"Aaya maa," he said and went back to his daily life.

THE WINTER FESTIVAL, KASAULI

Akshara, Abhinav and Abhir got out of the car and walked towards the winter festival. Abhinav bought three tickets and they entered the festival grounds.

Abhir was overjoyed looking at the food and game stalls.

"Come with me papa," he said to Abhinav," lets play that game!" He said pointing to the stall where kids were bursting balloons with a fake gun.

"No Abhir," Akshara said," its too dangerous!"

"Its not a real gun mamma," Abhir said.

"Come on Akshara ji," Abhinav said,"why dont you play as well."

"Me?" said Akshara looking at the game stall," okay."

The three of them walked towards the stall. Abhir picked up the gun and was able to get quite a few shots right.

"Bohot hi talented bacha hai sirji," said the stall keeper giving Abhir a teddy bear as a gift.

"Beta kiska hai," Abhinav said with pride.

Akshara's gaze fell on the mehendi stall.

"Kal Mrs. Pancham ke yahan function mein bhi toh jaana hai," she thought,"mehendi lagwa hi leti hoon."

"Abhinav ji, I am going to the mehendi stall. You both have fun!"

"Okay mumma."

"Dono hathon ka kitna lenge bhaiji?"Akshara asked the stallkeeper. And after getting a good bargain on the rates, she sat down to get her mehendi done. She looked on as the mehendi artist started showing her the designs.

"Umm......." she said," can you sketch my husband's face on the mehendi. They do it nowadays!"

"Yes didi," the mehendi artist said," bhaiji ka photo dikha deejiye."

Akshara took out her phone and showed them Abhinav's picture. The mehendi artist then started working on her mehendi.

THE GOENKA HOUSE

Manish and Swarna were about to have dinner. Kairav was busy working on his laptop.

"One grand- daughter widowed," said Swarna,"one divorced and married to a strange and our grandson is completely clueless! Manish ji, hum upar jaake Kartik, Naira aur Seerat ko kya muh dikhayenge. Unke bachon ko nahi sambhal paye hum."

Just then, Abhimanyu and Manjiri walked in through the main door.

"I have come for bade papa's check up,"Abhimanyu said," maa told me that bade papa is having some breathing difficulty."

"I called Manjiri ji this afternoon," Swarna said," these episodes have become much more frequent with Manish ji."

Abhimanyu sat down next to Manish and started auscultating his chest with his stethoscope.

KASAULI

Akshara's mehendi was almost done when Abhir came upto her.

"Wow mumma! This is looking very pretty. This is papa's face."

Akshara smiled and nodded.

Abhir blowed on her hands.

"Where is your papa?" Akshara asked him.

"Papa has left mumma," said Abhir with a sad face leaving Akshara shocked.

"Left!" she said standing up.

"Yes mumma. Papa has left for Udaipur. He told me that a very big hotel has hired him to drive the guests to and from the railway station."

"Abhinav ji didnt even meet me before leaving!" Akshara said angrily.

"Papa had to hurry mumma, otherwise the hotel manager would hire someone else."

"But I have an idea to cheer you up," said Abhir picking up Akshara's phone and giving it to the mehendi artist.

"Aap please meri mumma ki mehendi ki photo kheechke mere papa ko bhej do,"Abhir said to the mehendi artist.

Abhinav was driving when he received the pictures. He was deeply touched by looking at Akshara's mehendi. He reacted with a heart emoji.