Chap 11- Abhir is born

"Chaliye Abhinav ji, saara saaman rakh diya hai maine," said Akshara fastening her seat belt.

"Akshara ji," Abhinav said starting his car," its going to be a rough journey. The winds are blowing fiercely, I can hear the thunder and feel the chill."

"Aap toofanon se kab se darne lage Abhinav ji?" she asked him.

Abhinav remained quiet and continued driving.

THE BIRLA MANSION

It was Arohi's baby shower ceremony. Manjiri was beaming with joy while Abhimanyu sat quietly in a corner.

"Mata raani ki kripa se itna shubh din hamare naseeb mein aaya hai," Manjiri said to Mahima.

"You are right Manjiri," Mahima said,"I hope that Arohi has a safe delivery."

Arohi sat quietly wearing a beautiful orange saree with crimson border. She was remembering her short but sweet married life with Neil.

"I wish you were here Neil," she said to herself," maa, papa left me, then you.....................Why cant I ever have any happiness in my life? But I am glad that Akshu is finally out of my life! I just hate her presence in my life!"

KASAULI

Akshara and Abhinav had driven only two kilometres when Akshara began experiencing mild backache.

"Are you alright Akshara ji?" Abhinav asked her noticing the discomfort on her face.

"No," she replied," I think that I am going into labour."

"We must rush to the hospital then!" said Abhinav taking a left turn towards the nursing home.

THE BIRLA MANSION

Manjiri and Suvarna were dancing in Arohi's godh bharai. Arohi had received numerous gifts and was adorned with a raani haar given by Manjiri. But there was no happiness in her heart.

"Abhi," Manjiri called out to Abhimanyu,"Tu jaake baith naa Arohi ke saath. Dekh kitni udaas hai wo."

"Kis hak se maa," Abhimanyu said,"Wo toh Neil ki jagah hai."

"Abhi, you have promised Arohi that you will be her child's father, that you will raise Neil's child as your own. Toh phir hone waale pita ke hak se, jaake baith wahan."

Abhimanyu reluctantly agreed.

KASAULI

"She has gone into preterm labour sir,"the sister in charge informed Abhinav," the baby is going to be born before time. It is going to bring in a lot of complications."

"So," said Abhinav," Akshara ji and her baby are not safe?"

"Not completely," sister said," but we are trying our best sir."

Abhinav waited outside the labour room with a heavy heart.

Inside the labour room, Akshara was in severe labour pain.

"Sister...............doctor.........." she called out," please come here......my water broke!"

The doctor examined her and said," get the delivery tray ready sister. She will start bearing down now."

THE BIRLA MANSION

"Aap yahan khushi se naach rahi hain badi maa," Kairav said to Suvarna angrily," hamari Akshu ki koi khabar hi nahi hai."

"She is fine Kairav," said Suvarna," and she is coming back to Udaipur. She sent a message to Manish ji today."

"Coming back?"

They both turned around on hearing Abhimanyu's voice.

"Yes," said Kairav angrily," my sister is coming back  home."

"Badi maa," said Ahimanyu in a stern voice," its your home. But I wont let her meet Arohi or her baby."

"But Abhimanyu........" Suvarna said.

"No badi maa. After a long time, our home is blessed with happiness. I wont let anyone ruin it."

KASAULI

As soon as Akshara's baby boy was born, he was shifted to the new born stabilisation unit as his birth weight was very low. But the doctors had assured Akshara and Abhinav that the baby would be fine in some time.

"Thank you Abhinav ji," Akshara said lying on the hospital bed," its only because of you that my baby and I are safe."

"Thank you kehke sharmindaa mat keejiye," Abhinav said," I will go and get something for you to eat."