Chap 7- A new world for Akshara

Akshu walked into the school campus through the main gate. She could see the day boarders getting down from the school bus. She went straight to the secretary's office as she had been told.

"Good morning mam," she said standing at the door.

"Good morning Ms. Akshara," said the secretary Ms. Rakhi," just give me a moment please. I just need to answer a few mails. And then I can assign you your duties and show you your accomodation as well. Please do have a seat."

Akshara smiled and sat down. Within a few minutes, there was a loud knock at the door. Akshu looked up and saw Abhinav standing there. She smiled and greeted him.

"Namaste Abhinav ji," she said.

"Good morning bhaiya," the secretary said," did all the day boarders arrive by the school bus? Did any miss the school bus?"

"No madam ji," Abhinav said politely,"all the children are here. All safe and sound. But Sandhya from the sixth grade is having fever. Her parents have sent this written application that they will come to pick her up soon after her test." He gave the envelope to Ms. Rakhi.

Abhinav turned around to leave when Ms. Rakhi said," bhaiya ji please be back by 3pm. The students must be home on time. And this evening we are taking the residential students to the temple. So please bring the bus by 6pm."

"Sure madamji," Abhinav said and left. Akshu instantly got up and followed him outside.

"Abhinav ji," she said.

He stopped and turned around.

"Akshara ji. Toh kaisa jaa raha hai aapka pehla din?"

"So far so good," she said," but I need a favour from you if you dont mind."

"Not at all Akshara ji. You can always count on me."

"I need to go for my medical checkup this afternoon after the school ends. My medicines are over I have also been feeling a bit dizzy. Can you please take me to a good nursing home?"

"Sure Akshara ji," he said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she said sounding relieved.

"Itna bhi thank you mat boliye Akshara ji. Rishton ko nazar lag jaati hai."

"Ms. Akshara," said Ms. Rakhi walking upto them," I guess its time to assign you your duties now."

"Yes mam," said Akshara.

Abhinav soon left from there while Akshara followed Ms. Rakhi down the corridor into the music room.

"The residential students have their music lessons at six in the morning,"
Ms. Rakhi said," the practice continues uptil 8am after which the students go for breakfast. As for the senior students, those who choose music as a subject have their lessons again at five in the evening. I hope I am clear?"

"Yes mam," Akshara nodded.

"As for today, we are giving you a break. I will show you your accomodation. We have got it cleaned up for you. And if you need anything you can place an order in the school tuckshop. There is an intercom in your room with a list of all the numbers- The reception, the principal office, the security office, the tuck shop. You dont have to pay anything at the moment for the stuff you order. It will be deducted automatically from your salary."