Chap 10- A shock for Akshara

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

It was yet another lonely morning in Akshara's life. But she wasnt sad or depressed. She had adapted to her new life pretty well and was financially capable of taking care of herself and the new life blooming inside of her.

"Today the tenth graders have their pre-board exams," she said to herself as she applied her bindi and adjusted her heavily embroidered red dupatta.

"I shall have the afternoon free. I should pay a visit to the nursing home."

There was a loud knock at her door. She grabbed her bag and went to open the door.

It was Mrs. Sen, the chief coordinator.

"Ms. Akshara," Mrs. Sen said," the principal wants to have a word with you. Will you please accompany me downstairs?"

Akshara nodded and followed.

The principal, Dr. Manasvi was busy in a zoom meeting when Akshara knocked at her door. She signalled Akshara to take her seat.

"So Ms. Akshara," Dr. Manasvi said removing her earbuds," when do you plan on leaving the school campus?"

"Leaving?" said Akshara, her voice shaking with fear," but why?"

"You are going to be a mother soon Ms. Akshara. How are you going to manage the school duties along with your child?"

"I............." Akshara paused and said,"I have nowhere to go mam."

"Well," said Dr. Manasvi," thats not the school's responsibility. You must leave the school campus before your due date."

Akshara took a deep breath and drank some water to calm herself down.

"I understand the school protocol mam,"she said," I will leave next week."

"All the very best for your future Ms. Akshara," Dr. Manasvi smiled and said.

Akshara left the office with a heavy heart and troubled mind.

EVENING 6PM

Akshara was busy packing her stuff. She had missed her doctor's appointment as she was too occupied with her packing. She heard the doorbell ring and went to answer the door.

"Abhinav ji," she said relieved to see him there," come inside please."

"I got to know this afternoon that you are leaving," he said," where are you going?"

"Back to Udaipur," she replied," I have dropped a message to bade papa that I am coming. I believe its the best for me and my baby, though I havent yet told them that I am with child."

"Please allow me to drop you home safely," he said feeling terribly upset about her leaving," kuch rishtaa sa jud gaya hai aapse in aath maheenon mein."

Akshara smiled and said," all right Abhinav ji. My packing is almost done. Shall we leave early morning tomorrow?"

Abhinav  nodded with a heavy heart.