Ch. 5) Panicked

So that date? Yeah... never happened. I even called him, but his phone instantly went to voicemail. I should've known better by the way he kissed me without even knowing me. My heart still couldn't help but hurt as I pulled myself out of bed for work the next morning. I did the usual pre-work routine, before finally heading in.

"Morning Y/n." Macey was beaming today. It was nice to see but rare since she ended things with her ex. She pretty much kept that private though. "Morning Macey." I smiled as I put my stuff behind the register and began working.

"So... I met a guy at the bar the other night." She started, my heart dropped remembering the way Gojo and I met. My mind flashing back to our kiss immediately after. I wanted to cry. How could i be so stupid?!

"That so?" I asked forcing her a grin as I put some new magazines on display.

"Yeah. He was tall, had blonde hair, and was in a business suit." She beamed again, I swear her pupils turned to hearts as she stared at the ceiling thinking about him. I knew it was Nanami just by the way she described him. Yet another thing to remind me of Gojo. Is this what I was like? I giggled watching her as she twirled around the book store.

"What's he like?"

"He's tough on the outside, but really sweet on the inside. His eyes  say a lot even when he's not talking. And apparently he hates overtime, which is why he was drinking." She giggled again as a blush rushed to her face. Her eyes smiled with her mouth as she talked about him. It was honestly adorable!

"Aww I'm glad he was nice to you. Maybe you'll see him again." I winked at her swallowing the lump in my throat.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, my heart instantly dropping. I knew I'd be disappointed if it wasn't him.

##############

Hm, an unknown number. I declined thinking nothing of it before putting it back in my pocket. Before I could even put it back, it began buzzing again. I rolled my eyes declining it again. But it just continued to do the same thing.

I huffed in frustration before finally picking up the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/n, hi. It's me." His voice rang in my ears as hope flooded my mind. Gojo?!

"I'm so sorry about yesterday I promise I'll explain everything to you."

"It's fine I really don't need to know if you're busy. I don't ca-

"Just shut the fuck up and listen-" I heard a thud and it sounded like his head smacked the phone followed by short mumbled cuss words.

"Ouch Nanami."

"Be nice or I won't let you use my phone."

"Whatever." He huffed making static attack my end of the phone.

"Just please come to the hospital. Ask to see your friend uh.. Ray? Ray I think it was."

"Reign?" My heart fluttered at the thought of my best friend.

"Yes that's it. Just ask for her." He sounded more frantic by the minute.

"Gojo... what happened?" I asked in a concerning tone.

"Just Y/n... please come see me."

The phone line went dead with that being the last thing he said. I felt so panicked. I hope he is okay. My mind instantly started going to the worst places possible.

"Uh Macey. I hate to do this but I really have to go. Someone I'm close to was hurt I think." I said quickly slinging my bag over my back as I ran for the door. She just smiled and nodded as she continued organizing the books on the shelves.