Ch. 13) The Ceremony, Part 2

Y/N:

We watched as Sugaru stood on the stage, unsure of what would happen now. It wasn't long before the room around us erupted in loud cheers and applause. His face wasn't as pale as he smiled gently before making his way off of the stage. Gojo was livid. 

"How is he going to leave sorcery and then walk in here acting like he owns the place. He has no right to talk about sacrifices." He raised his voice over the crowd as he spoke to Yaga, who was now just rubbing his temples in annoyance. 

"I'll be back. I'm getting us some punch." He let go of my hand before quickly standing up, looking around, and storming towards the serving table. 

"I'm sorry you are having to witness this behavior Miss Y/n." Yaga removed his hands from his temples, before interlocking them on the table. 

"It's alright. I know they were close friends before the fight. I don't know much about it but I don't want anything to happen by asking." I smiled nervously, while trying to pick Gojo out of the crowd. 

"Yes. They were inseparable, yet obviously opposites. They did everything together and were one of the strongest teams we have ever trained as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. Sugaru's part however, affected his mental state severely, and it eventually began to deteriorate." He looked down, playing with his intertwined fingers. 

"Why? I mean what did he do that made his mental state struggle?" I questioned. He paused before swallowing.

"He consumed the negative energy from the curses, because his body can weaponize them and he can use them to fight." He sighed. 

"I failed to realize how he had changed, until it was too late. Until he slaughtered a village just beyond ours, killing 112 people, as well as his parents." I watched as his hands squeezed each other, almost trying to inflict pain upon himself. My heart dropped. 112 people... Oh my god. And now he was here. He could easily snap at any one of us, and kill every single sorcerer and their family in this room. I looked around at the dancing kids, and the husbands with their wives. A hard lump formed in my throat. 

"But as we have found out, he is still swallowing the negative energy to gain the power they harness, he is just now using it as a weapon against innocents." He looked around, attempting to find the man we had been discussing. Neither him nor Gojo, were in sight. My heart felt like it was going to fall directly out of my body. 

Nanami ran out of the crowd of bodies before quickly approaching Yaga. "Mr. Yaga sir. A fight broke out, it's Gojo and Sugaru." And there it was, my heart had officially fallen out. I jumped up, rushing towards the crowd of people in a circle. Grunting and punching could be heard over the gasps and wincing. I shoved my way through the crowd, before finally witnessing what seemed like the most angry version of Gojo that I had ever seen. Goose bumps ran through my body as I stood there in fear. Neither one of them were using their powers, they were just simply fist fighting. 

My eyes broke off of their bloodied figures to find the familiar figure on the other side. Reign was in a pretty red dress that matched the tie Sugaru was wearing. I had forgotten they were in volved. She stood there shaking as she tried to call Sugaru's name. I couldn't move. Everything ran in slow motion as they beat each other to a pulp. So much anger and aggression thrown around with each punch. 

Nanami and Yaga were quick to push through the crowd, still being as polite as they could about everything. They attempted to pull them apart, struggling a bit as the two continued to wrestle. Nanami yanked Gojo off of Sugaru, easily pushing him back and away from the fight. Nanami was angry, I had never seen him so angry either. 

"Knock it off. This is a fucking banquet to honor the fallen sorcerers." He was yelling, loud enough for the crowd to go completely silent as he ridiculed them. He took a breath before continuing, "I don't care if you have issues to settle, but solve them else where and be respectful to the families actually trying to enjoy the event. Act like damn adults for once will you?" Nanami scolded them, straightening his tie as the boys shamefully avoided his gaze. 

Sugaru wiped at his lip, a fresh cut plastered across it. Gojo unruffled his hair and wiped blood from his eyebrow, a fresh cut there as well. Reign didn't say anything as she took Sugaru's hand before dragging him away from the commotion. Nanami and her shared a look before he watched her leave the event. 

I turned, looking at the people around us before my eyes finally rested on Gojo. He was already looking at me, with an I'm-so-sorry look etched onto his features. I closed my eyes, just trying to peace together everything that just happened. 

A velvety feeling brushed against my fingertips, and I could tell it was him because of how big his hand felt in mine. I kept my eyes closed, not wanting face the consequences of their fight. 

"Y/n.." He paused interlocking our fingers. The weight in my arm shifted as he brought my hand up to his lips and placed a light kiss. He was shaking.

"Come on Gojo. Lets leave okay?" I opened my eyes, just finally giving a sympathetic smile. He didn't smile back, but instead just nodded, and followed as I dragged him out of the event as well. 

~

"What happened?" I questioned feeling my voice quiver a bit. I brought the q-tip up to his eyebrow beginning to clean his cut. 

"Please don't cry. This one was completely on me. He was just dancing with your friend." I felt his hands move up the back of my thighs squeezing them gently. 

"Reign?" I watched his eyes follow my lips as I spoke.

"Yes. The doctor that helped me. It was her." He nodded.

"What happened Gojo?" I stopped cleaning his wound to tip his head back up. His eyes avoided mine.

"Gojo." 

"I insulted her." He tipped his head back down, making it impossible for me to clean his eyebrow. 

"What? Why?" 

"Because I was angry at him and I wanted to hurt him." He removed his hands from my legs, bawling them up on his. 

"What did you say about her?" 

"She's your friend. I really don't think I should say." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Because she is my friend is exactly why you need to tell me what the hell you said." I felt myself getting angry at his refusal to tell me anything. 

"Fine okay I will." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he pinched the bridge of his nose. I backed up, giving him the space he needed as I crossed my arms. 

"I called her a slut. I asked Sugaru if 'that slut' was the reason he left. I belittled her for being a nurse." He spoke quietly, seeming ashamed at what he said. My heart hurt for her. For them. 

"What the hell Gojo?" I felt my voice break out of anger. 

"This was on me. I started it. He was defending her so as I went to insult her again he punched me in the face. And that's when we started fighting." Finally he looked at me, after staring at the floor. 

"Take me home." I closed my eyes again, pushing away the urge to cry and scream in his pretty bruised face. 

"What? Y/n.. I'm sorry. Plea-"

"Take. Me. Home. Satoru. I don't want to see you right now." I spoke slowly and angrily, practically spitting out his first name. He stood, shoving his hands in his pockets before we left his apartment.