Sandpit

24 years earlier

It was our first day of kindergarten, I was really nervous but Bojan helped me trough it. Our mothers drove us to school and Bojan helped to calm me down, our mothers found it really sweet of Bojan and they looked at each other and laughed. Our mothers were also childhood best friends and that always talked about having kids at the same time and when they found out that they where pregnant at the same time they where the happiest people on this planet. And since we where born they always made us sleep together and they always let us play together with the hope that we'd become best friends and well they did it, me and Bojan were inseparable. When we arrived at the school we got out of the car and walked towards the school together holding hands and we both looked back at our mothers smiling at us but I swear I also could see tears on our mothers eyes. We where growing and they just couldn't handle it.

Bojan was in a other class than me and that made me really sad because I had no other friends than him and I was scared that no one liked me. It was now recess and I was playing alone in the sandpit and I made a sandcastle I was really proud of myself and when I was almost done a girl ran into the sandpit and accidentally stepped on my sandcastle. I was about to cry but then she sat down with me and told me that she was really sorry and that she would help me rebuild it. " I...I...I...I am so sorry I didn't saw your sandcastle it want my intention." "It's okay" I answered " I'm Zala by the way what is your name?" She asked me " I'm Lana" I answered " nice to meet you Lana" Zala said.

It was now one week later and me and Zala where playing every day with each in class and in recess, Bojan always joined me and Zala during recess I was so lucky to call them my friends. We had the best time ever and I was really happy that Zala and Bojan also liked each other because it would be terrible if they didn't like each other.

We had so much fun in kindergarten, eventually Bojan was being placed in our class because he couldn't find it with someone in the other class so they transferred him to my class and when he told me that I was really happy but I knew it wouldn't be the best thing ever because me and Bojan together in a class well I just knew that me and Bojan would be a pain in the ass by our teacher. I was right Bojan, Zala and me were the loudest kids in class and always when we painted we painted on each others paints as well to irritate the other at first the teacher got mad at us and we always got sat apart but later in the year the teacher didn't even bother to put us apart because we had fun with each other and that was important.

Now that it was summer and the first year of kindergarten was over. Bojan and my parents went on a holiday with us and we would spend the whole summer away, it was a yearly tradition and we always felt like one big family. We would always travel from Slovenia to a small village in Italy close to the river. Both of our parents saved money to buy a house there so that we could spend our summer on the same location every year. It was a big house with a lot of rooms and space, there was a pool in the yard and Bojans dad made a big treehouse where Bojan and me could play in. We always had a lot of fun on this vacation even tough it was the same spot every year with the same people it was never boring. We did a lot of fun things together at the house or at the lake or in the center of the village . I just loved it every year.