021. popcorn for the movie and the drama

THE BETA HOUSE HAS BEEN filled with only awkward silence this past week.

because in the history of their friendship mikey and sharky have only gotten into one huge fight.

i mean sure they argue a lot but there was only one fight that led to them not speaking for a whole month.

it was the night of their high school graduation, after every celebration and every laugh.

there came yells and tears.

no one knows what happened.

they just know not to ever bring it up.

it was that bad to the extent that they really couldn't talk about it.

mikey howard ran out of sharkys backyard as if he told her he killed her family.

the tears ran down her big brown eyes and sharky was yelling loud apologies his voice cracking.

the girl's arms hugging her body and midnight rain smacking on the sidewalk.

and that was the last time sharky and mikey saw each other.

one month later sharky shows up on michelle's doorstep, it was actually her 19 birthday.

and the party going on in her house, she wanted to invite sharky but she didn't.

the boy could have cried.

ever since he met her he spent every birthday she had with her.

it felt like a stab wound not hugging her, not seeing her, and not laughing with her on that day.

sharky didn't know what she was gonna do when seeing him.

maybe she'll tell him to go fuck himself or that kind of stuff.

but mikey howard stood by the doorway, staring at him, and in just a second the girl found her arms wrapped around him.

to this day the reason for this fight was unknown, and it'll be like that forever.

but sharky was growing more afraid.

the fear of this argument turning into the same one years ago.

he won't get to hear her laugh or her voice for a while.

but things are different now, they live together, they're adults, they've lost things and become more mature.

so it'll get solved sooner or later.. right?

mikey walked out of her room, her eyes going up from her shoes to the door across the hall.

sharkys room.

he was probably sitting there watching a show on the tv or on his phone.

she sighs lowly feeling her tug at the cuticles on her fingers.

before she can move from her spot and the deep stare at the door far in front of her.

the boy she was thinking of came out.

he too was staring at the floor before smelling the air and smelling her vanilla perfume.

shooting his head up to see the girl standing a good amount of distance away, her eyes busy with anything but him.

it seemed like time stopped.

his heart was hurting just staring at the girl he made cry.

a gulp goes down both their throats at the same time.