022. stabs are a no

TWO WEEKS.

it's been two weeks since mikey and sharky had a full-blown conversation.

the pair were still not talking and it was killing each person painfully and slowly.

it felt draining.

mikey wanted nothing more but to hug him and see his smile, and sharky wanted that and more.

the girl was slipping away, her mind fogged up in clouds of different thoughts. the chaos that chapped her brain made her want to cry

but in the middle of all, that chaos was him.

that one single thought that stood bright and radiant was sharky.

she's been spiraling but it's true.

it is hard to try to forget the butterflies you get when around the one person who's been through everything with you.

it's hard to push away the smile on your face when someone brings up the only person who knows exactly how to make her happy.

so there she was.

standing in her kitchen, late at night and the realization hit her.

she likes sharky.

she didn't just like him, she wanted him to be hers, she wanted him to run out of his room at this second and kiss her. she wanted him to look her in the eyes.

mikey never knew when her feelings for sharky started.

she just knew that they weren't leaving anytime soon.

and his feelings for elle were also not leaving anytime soon either.

so i guess she'll just have to make do.

and that's what she's best at.

so now mikey howard stood in her kitchen, the night sky brooding in the windows and her hands washed clean.

the cutting board and the cucumbers on the counter.

she cooks when she's confused.

it's a very odd habit.

humming the song that was playing on her speaker mikey starts cutting up the vegetable into small round shapes.

she was almost at peace.

so close to it that if any loud noise other than the music would happen she would jump.

her fingers pushing the hair out of her face when it slipped from behind the girl's ear.

before she knew it the song shuffled to the next one and the cucumber were all cut up.

mikey sort of stared for a minute her hand on her hip a blank stare.

now what?

she didn't really have a plan when cutting the cucumbers she was just hungry.

"hummus." mikey mumbles to herself.

she remembers she bought hummus the other day and never ate it.

opening the fridge just to see the box of hummus.

"great!" mikey yells happily grabbing it with a grin.

one problem.

the box was almost impossible to open, now she remembers why she didn't eat it yesterday.

but today mikey was smart she now snatched the knife from the table and slipped it under the plastic wrap.

"what the fuck.." mikey groans still cutting it.