024. late night swimming

WHEN I WAS LITTLE i spent all my summers in the south of france

i moved to london when i was fourteen and my english was actually horrible.

when i met sharky i still had that tinge of a french accent on me but then when i hung around people more it faded.

and now when im older im doing the same thing, spending my summers in the south of france, just now im doing it with my best friends.

the summer house is probably where all our greatest friendship memories came from.

when the boys first saw it a few years back they almost fainted, i found it kind of funny.

it was now midnight and we finally arrived at the house, the car ride from the airport was probably worse than the whole plane.

niko was trying to work on his french by speaking with the taxi driver and aj kept asking me how to say breath stinks in french.

kenny, chunkz, and sharky managed to buy a bunch of snacks from a store at the airport and they were munching on them the whole time.

so it's safe to say that i definitely tipped the driver a fair amount.

"welcome back." i smile walking backward into the house and facing them.

"Indeed." chunkz grins setting his bag on the couch alongside everyone else.

"now i'm going to sleep!" he stated loudly.

my face crumbles.

"what?!" i scream.

"we just got here." my voice comes out angry.

everyone couldn't help but laugh.

"it's also midnight." kenny adds with a yawn.

i rub my eyes trying to understand their words.

"oh boo, you whores. i'm going for a swim." i wave my hands in the air.

chunkz just ruffles my hair walking past me and into his room that he shared with kenny, who follows after him.

"enjoy the swim." niko manages to say before he and aj follow into their room.

sharky sharing a small look with me before walking up the stairs.

i cursed them.

i love swimming at night.

obviously not in the ocean but in the pool it's the best.

i wore a random swimsuit i could find which was just a red one-piece.

walking out onto the backyard my eyes catch the ocean only a few steps away.

then to the lit-up pool.

i smile brightly, i really do love the ocean.

setting my towel on one of the chairs i take a deep breath before putting my feet in the pool.