23. A Failed Wedding And The Gas Explosion!

. The music got louder as I walked down the aisle, my dress trailing down behind me.

Mike stood there with a smile getting wider as he stared at him like he was going to eat me

Finally I realised that this was a dream. I knew it was because everytime he went to attack someone I would wake up.

'8am' my bedside clock read as I looked at it l. I got myself up and went straight to the shower, turning it on and hopping under it as the hot water rained on me, washing away all the stress from this past week.

Everything I remember from the past week is Mike's proposal and then us getting knocked out by something.

Suddenly there was a boom and a flash of light then darkness.

Mike's POV

I ran out to come face to face with smoke coming from Amber's apartment, "what the fuck?!" I roared.

I made sure that I was running to her apartment block and the ambulance workers tried to stop me from my actions but it didn't stop me from sneaking past them.

Well apart from the one worker but she couldn't get their attention quick enough, allowing me to sneak past.

Suddenly I was in the apartment complex but it looked nothing like the way I knew it looked.

I took the stairs up to her apartment to find her lying on the ground with everything exposed to anyone could see.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her body, making sure to concile her NAKED body which had blood all over it while the shower was still intact.

"can someone help me?!" I roared with no one coming, I slowly scooped her body into my arms I quickly attempted to leave this crumbling apartment, I grabbed her towel before I ran with her in my arms.

As soon as we got outside before I finally got her far enough out of danger before I slowly put her down on the ground.

That's when the officials came, "she's my fiancée" I said and they looked at me for a second before they left me by her side "we didn't know" they said making me look at her then up at the apartment.

Suddenly I was taking over by a feeling of shame and guilt as I seen her burns on her skin.

I was a mess, I felt like this was my fault, that she got injured without me knowing until it was too late.

As I was breaking down, I felt hands squeeze my shoulders and I turned my emotions towards that person without knowing who it was.

That's when the ambulance men and came took her away from me and they left me here, but not as alone as I once thought.

"what happened to her? " she asked me while she strutted towards me "an expoluson happened that's what" I said that's when she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek

When I finally got to the hospital as soon as I got the big pile of metal moving. I sat down in the waiting area suddenly her hands went to my shoulders and I I pulled my body away from her grasp of doom and guild.

"she's asking for you" a doctor said to me, I walked into her room but that's when everything hit me like a tone of bricks again causing me to breakdown again.

Seeing her laying in bed with heart monitors beeping away. I slowly grabbed her hand as she lay below me.

"I'm so sorry, baby" I cried out loud, my tears became broken as I played with her fingers, before her hand tightened.