FACES OF THE CAFÉ

It's been over a month since the last year of high school started for Jeongin, and he's been beyond busy. The raven was so excited to finally have some free time and to just sit and relax on his phone, maybe buy himself a coffee and watch youtube in a nearby café.

   He loved the idea of it, as he threw his backpack onto his shoulder, walking out of the school with everyone else. The people were loud and talked without an end, just as excited as he was himself, for the few days off. It was finally weekend.

   Jeongin sighed softly and inhaled the fresh air, his face covered in the warmth of the sun. He enjoyed the freshness of nature this time around, summer was coming to an end and autumn is days away from beginning.

   Leaves start turning orange and all shades of brown as the sky turns the lightest blue of the year. It's something Jeongin has always found mesmerising.

   Carefully he pushed through the crowd of people, zig-zagging to avoid bumping into anyone, and made his way out of the tumbling students. He turned right at the street.

   Cars drove down the road at the speed of light—but not actually, the raven was just too focused on his phone to keep track of the time that passed.

Left, right, right, left.

The quickest way to any café around.

   Jeongin wasn't much of a coffee drinker, though he enjoyed the taste on his tongue every once in a while, he was hoping HaPpY cUp—the café he was going to try out—had some lovely pastries in store. He'd like a nicely baked croissant right now.

   He felt in the mood for something sweet. (Little did he know that was going to be the day he'd meet the sweetest boy of them all).

   The short walk felt like it was taking forever. His backpack was weighing him down with every step he took and he was far too dehydrated to even walk straight. Five minutes of torture later, he arrived at this sweet looking spot—though it was a bit dull, he had to admit.

   The buildings around were all a light shade of colours, grey and yellow being the most to be seen, and were supported with dark wooden beams. It looked cute, but just a bit too dull.

   Making his way further down the alley, the ravenette saw a dark oak sign reading, HaPpY cUp. There it was.

   The café was a lighter red with a big window right next to the wooden door that stood wide open, welcoming people in. Jeongin sneakily looked through the window, in his opinion, the interior was way nicer than the exterior.

   Carefully he made his way in and got greeted by a nice-looking barista. "Good afternoon, what can I get for you?" He said, his lips falling open and closed with an angelic voice.

   "Uh, one second, please. It's my first time here." "No worries, take your time. I'll be right here when you're ready to order." Jeongin watched as the tall man disappeared to the back, hearing the clamping of dishes in the background. He took his time looking around, noticing the very few customers around.

   A young lady was sitting with an even younger boy at one table, their hands intertwined as they talked and smiled at each other. She was wearing a beautiful white dress, that looked as light as a feather, while the guy wore an oversized hoodie with jeans—similar to what the raven was wearing himself.

   Jeongin's sage green hoodie fell right under his hips—that was decorated with a dark brown belt, holding his light blue baggy jeans up. His backpack was a bit darker than his belt, almost black, as it hung over his shoulders, screaming at him to sit down.

   Right next to the two sat an older woman, around the age of 30 if Jeongin had to guess, reading a book quietly in the back, near the backdoor where the barista had just disappeared to.