START OF SOMETHING NEW

The door fell shut. "And they're gone," Jeongin said before the silence got loud.

   Jisung and the raven stood behind the front door of the first one mentioned's house, the quiet between them killing both boys from the inside as they slowly walked back to the living room. "So, what now?" Jeongin eventually spoke up, looking at the shorter as they settled down at the coffee table again.

   "I guess we should keep working, how far have you come?" Jeongin answered with a nod, continuing to elaborate with words. "I searched up everything and took notes... I could start writing the text about him now," He explained, heart fluttering as he once again felt the older's leg against his own.

   Han simply nodded, getting back to his own stuff, mumbling a small "I'm almost done with my notes as well" under his breath. He opened his laptop and began scrolling through the endless websites he had found online, about the topic of politics.

   As they continued to work on their just assigned project, the time flew by quicker than either of the two would've liked. Maybe neither of them knew it or even dared to believe, but both wanted to spend time with each other.

   They wanted to make friends and talk casually, have nicknames for each other and cuddle in a friends type of way. They wanted to be able to do all the cliché things best friends do, but unfortunately, they couldn't make that possible in the blink of an eye. In only a few hours they didn't even spend not talking but working.

Working together.

   "Jeongin-ssi, do you by any chance know how to spell incredibly? My brain's lagging." Han looked to his left, at the younger, his doe eyes wide as ever and lips slightly parted at the breath-taking looks of the boy. He swallowed as Jeongin leaned over to look at his sheets—where he had started writing his text. "I think you spelled it correctly." He said in a low voice, not feeling the need to speak loudly when they were right next to each other.

Jisung simply nodded with a light smile, mind absent at the closeness.

   The raven stabilised himself with one hand behind Han, supporting his body as he leaned back a bit. "Why don't we stop soon? I'm getting pretty tired."

   Jeongin wanted to spend more time with the older brunette but you could barely call this hanging out, 'cause really, they weren't. All they did was sit next to each other, focusing on their studies, and mostly not even exchange any words.

   "Me too, we got pretty far anyway." The room fell silent once again, the only sounds echoing through the four walls coming from the sheets and singular pen Jeongin packed into his bag.

   Trying not to be too obvious, he glanced at Jisung every few seconds, wondering if he should ask him to hang out sometime or not. Maybe he should try to get a conversation going so it wouldn't be as out of the blue.

   Looking up from his phone he opened his mouth, ready to speak. Or perhaps he wasn't, as he closed it just as fast again. Jisung was standing next to a big, open window that allowed the sun to come inside, his hair swayed in the light breeze that flew through the air—asking the leaves outside for a dance.

   Quietly he pocketed his phone and made his way to the brunette, the very few steps that it took. "I love this time of the year." He voiced out lowly, careful not to startle the older boy too much.

   Han looked to his side, seeing his classmate and, hopefully, soon-to-be friend next to him. "Really? I do too, the start of autumn is always so beautiful." "It really is.." They continued looking outside with the nice conversation starter, both hoping to keep it going.