COFFEE FOR TWO

The last few days went by in the blink of an eye, Jisung's and Jeongin's schedules were packed with appointments and school, so both were glad that the hang-out today would actually work out.

   Jisung had been scared he'd have to cancel their plans as he had so much going on but luckily that wasn't the case. He had managed to clear his schedule and make space for their little meet-up. He was honestly so excited to see the other in private, outside of school, just the two of them. It made his ears turn red at just the thought of it.

   With fast steps, the brunette paced through his room, almost tripping over the carpet that decorated the otherwise bare floor. Well, if you don't count all the clothes around. In only an hour he had to be at the café and Jisung hadn't even picked out an outfit yet.

   Quietly he cursed himself out, he should've prepared some clothes yesterday so this wouldn't happen. What if he runs late and the younger thinks badly of him? He didn't want that to happen.

   The male has always cared about what others think and with Jeongin, it was even worse. He really liked his personality and just him as a whole and did not want to make a negative impression or give off a bad vibe.

   Han wanted the other to like him.

   Stressed, the young boy hurried out of his home, running down the streets of Daegu that were filled with people, making it hard to push through the crowd. Han apologised with every step he took, having to lightly shove others out of the way to still make it on time.

   He was running late.

   His "what if" from earlier had become reality. He took too much time getting ready and searching for his stuff, he forgot the time and was now about to be out of time, to get there on time.

   Hours of searching for his stuff turned into minutes when he didn't find a thing. His phone, wallet, headphones and lighter. Somehow he had ended up losing his fanny pack in his room (honestly not surprised with the mess of a room he lives in) and now had no way of paying, knowing the time or reaching out to Jeongin to tell him he would be there soon.

   God, what if the younger thought he was getting stood up now? What if he'd leave, thinking Han didn't want to meet up? What if- what if he made him cry? What should he act like when he gets there and sees Jeongin waiting? Or what if he doesn't see him waiting?

   Should he pretend to have wanted some time to himself? Like he was just out for his usual cup of coffee. . . with no money whatsoever. Like anyone'd believe that. Although Hyunjin would let him get a coffee on the house, it was unlikely for Han to even ask. If he had gone out to grab a drink and realised he hadn't brought his wallet nor any form of payment with him, he wouldn't even bother asking—even if he was good friends with the barista.

   Sweating and breathing heavily, Jisung speed walked past the dull houses of the quiet alleyway the café was located in. He could only hope the name of his go-to café was actually true, 'cause he really needed some happiness and a cup of coffee now.

   Han slowed down his steps as he finally saw the wooden sign on his right-hand side, collecting his breath before he stepped in. With every second he got closer, and with every second he grew more and more nervous about what was going to happen.

   Carefully he pushed the door open. It was usually always inviting people in but it seemed like the workers had forgotten to do so today. It only made the boy even more nervous.

   His stomach tingled with anticipation as he looked around and there, in the far right corner, sat his newfound friend, looking at his phone and typing away. Han was scared he might be texting him right now, what if he was mad?