HAPPY AFTER ALL

It's been over a month since the brunette's passing, and his friends have been beyond busy. Both Jeongin and Jisung were excited to meet up with their friends after what felt like an eternity, to just sit and relax, talk about everything like in the good old days.

   They loved the idea, yet deep down they knew it would never be the same again, not now, that one of the closest had committed. Jisung threw his Fanny pack over his head, letting it slide down his body as the two left their apartment complex.

   The air was freezing, catching both of the boys off guard. It was mid-December and all the leaves had left their home, now decorating the muddy streets before they'd ultimately disappear. But neither of the couple minded the cold because somehow, they found comfort in it.

   Not all too careful, the two walked through the already dark streets, the streetlights were decorated with snowflakes but there was still no sign of the actual white crystals falling from the sky.

   Left, right, left, right; The quickest way to their favourite coffee shop in town.

   The two made their way through town and were greeted by the familiar scent of the café, which always managed to calm their nerves. jeongin happily greeted his friend already sat at their go to seat, in the corner.

   "Hi, Felix!" He excitedly exclaimed, sitting down next to him with so much force he shortly leaned against it, "How is my favourite Hyung?" "I'm right here, Innie," Han dumbfounded, "Aren't I, your literal boyfriend, your favourite Hyung?" Jokingly, yet not so jokingly, he crossed his arms before his chest, raising his brows questioningly.

   "Whatever... How's my second favourite Hyung doing?" Jisung smiled in victory, sitting down opposite the two good friends, Felix laughed, "I've been better I guess, it's obvious why.." His voice was quiet and faint but both of the other boys knew exactly why.

   Jeongin's lips fell into a frown, "C'mon Lix, it's been weeks. Cheer up, he'd want it." "I know, but I- I just feel so guilty! I could have stopped him if I had just-" "Felix," The brunette opposite cut the one-day older off, "It's not your fault." He said sternly, knowing just how much of an overthinker the boy was—like himself.

   Felix looked down at his hands, nervously biting his lip, and watched as the youngest of the group started playing with his fingers. "Tiny hands," He muttered under his breath, before going back to the serious conversation. "Hyung, Hannie is right. It's in no way your fault," His eyebrows knitted together as he looked up at the freckled boy, he was in so much pain.

   "Cheer up baby," Another voice suddenly popped up, making all of the three turn to where it came from. Hyunjin stood there in his usual fit: black turtleneck, skinny jeans and apron; drinks in hand.

   With a small smirk, Jeongin stood up from his seat, sitting down next to his own boyfriend. "Your friend over here is right as well, Lixie." Hyunjin smiled at the youngest, placing the drinks on the table and sitting down next to Felix.

   The café wasn't all too crowded right now, a huge party of six had just walked out the door, leaving the pink-haired some time before he'd have to work again. Felix stared at the older sitting next to him, he looked as ethereal as ever yet now, now that his best friend had left, he couldn't help but see Seungmin in him.

   They looked. . . so much alike.

   He almost broke down crying right then and there, though, through some sort of magic, he didn't let the rain fall from his eyes.

   Felix felt broken to the core, yet he knew Seungmin would want him and the rest to be happy.

   The blond let a smile spread on his lips, even though his heart was heavy. He felt a familiar head on his shoulder as he broke the silence of the coffee shop, "We should go do something." He whispered, receiving a nod from Hyunjin—who was now wrapping his hands around the boy's waist—and two bright smiles from the couple opposite him.