CONFESSIONS

Coffee in hand, the brunette slowly walked back towards his room, his steps careful not to spill his freshly brewed drink. He eyed the raven standing in the kitchen, staring at his phone, before continuing onwards—and choosing to ignore his weird-acting friend.

   Eyes focused on what was his hot coffee, he opened the door to his room and stepped inside, closing the wooden door softly. Jisung might've not been in a good mood—and Jeongin clearly wasn't either—but that didn't allow him to slam the door shut.

   He didn't want to annoy the other and most importantly, didn't want to get mad. The adult knew, that if he did slam that door just a second ago, all of his anger, and I mean all, would just spill out of him at the newfound coping skill.

   Jisung didn't want to punch his walls, throw around his plants and crack his phone screen. He wanted to talk it out, yet Jeongin's behaviour didn't let him.

   With a sigh, Han placed his cup down on the wooden desk, noticing his trembling hands and starting headache and with yet another sigh, he grabbed his pack of cigarettes.

   Leaving the coffee behind, he walked back to where he came from, grabbed the lighter neatly set on the kitchen counter—that was almost toppling over the edge—and continued to the door of their shared balcony.

   Jisung hesitated before stepping outside. He really needed to get rid of his addiction, it was taking all the money from him. "Just this package, then I'll quit," He said to himself, fully aware of how often he had failed before.

   Yet that didn't matter, it would be a new start.

   Looking back once more, mind now focused on the younger boy that had quietly walked past him just a second ago, he turned around and walked to his room. The brunette's hand raised and just as he was about to knock on the door, he stopped.

   This was stupid.

   Uneasy he retracted in his steps, ending up yet again right in front of the balcony. Biting his inner cheek, he finally stepped outside.

   Jisung felt his body flinch together, as a screech echoed through the apartment, shortly followed by a thud. Was Jeongin okay?

   Worry filling his head, the brunette flipped away the halfway-smoked cigarette and pushed himself off the dark blue loveseat, storming into the room the—almost terrifying—sound came from. 

   "Jeongin?" He voiced out in a quiet manner, his insecurities suddenly taking over him as the events from earlier that day flooded his brain. Perhaps, he didn't want to see him.

   Discouraged by his own thoughts, Jisung stood motionless in front of the younger's door, his head hung low and legs feeling unbearably heavy all of a sudden. The simple idea of just going back into his room again popped up in his mind, and he had to admit, it was tempting.

   Yet, what if, the raven did need his help? What if he did want to see him? Hold him, kiss him, love him? 

   Would he finally feel complete?

   Would the returnation of his own feelings, make him believe in love again? There's only one way to find out, yet that particular road seemed to go upwards at a ninety-degree angle—making it seem impossible to reach his destination.

   Taking a tight grip on one of the stones of the grey wall, Jisung started to climb, raising his other arm and- knocking on the door. "You in there?" He asked after a second of silence.

   "Y-yeah," The voice didn't come from Jeongin's room but instead from behind the door on his left. "Why are you in the storage room?" Han whispered to himself, before deciding that this would be his chance.