YOU CAN STAY

It was a cold Saturday morning when the small group of two met up. The air was freezing and dried leaves decorated the otherwise muddy streets and crosswalks. The white drops falling from the sky turned to water as they hit the ground, leaving the world an unflattering tone. It was far from beautiful today but neither of the friends paid any mind to it, as they walked into the warmth of the all-too-familiar coffee shop.

   The aroma filled the four (six) walls of the café, inviting Felix and Seungmin in—just like it always did.

   All of the seats were left empty as a large crowd pushed their way past the duo, letting the music fill the now quiet room. Seungmin walked over to their usual table, leaving the order to Felix—as they always ordered the same and knew what the other would get by heart. Honestly speaking, Felix was glad to get a few seconds away to collect his thoughts—because quite frankly speaking, he did not know how to act.

   Ever since a few weeks ago, that day at the very same café, the blond's mind has been clouded every second of the day—and night as well. The words just weren't able to leave his mind, Aki really was a sweet girl but she apparently wasn't the boy's girlfriend.

   Partly, he did feel relieved, yet he had just started moving on from the boy and his feelings for him—how they weren't returned—and even found himself someone else to like.

   "Morning, Hyune!" He voiced out happily, the boy behind the counter greeting him with a smile, "Hi there, beautiful. What can I get for you on this very lovely day?" Felix chuckled, "Lovely, my ass. It's raining cats and dogs outside... A hot chocolate and flat white will do."

   Hyunjin laughed, "Sure thing, hun," and moved on to making the boys drinks, not waiting for the younger to pay first and instead going on with some small talk, "Have you watched that new movie yet? ..what's the name again, Broken Home? Heard of it yet?"

   He continued on and on until both of the drinks were done. Yet even then, he didn't stop talking. "Lix, you wanna watch it together with me, actually?" "Huh," The boy had not been paying attention to whatever was being spoken, because the older's visuals were in fact way too distracting to even catch a glimpse of what was going on. "Watch what?"

   Instead of taking it to heart, Hyunjin giggled lowly, already expecting such an answer as he caught up to him checking him out ages ago. "Do you want to watch that new movie with me? I'm free tomorrow."

   "Oh. I mean- yeah, sure. I'm free too.. when exactly were you thinking?" "Does five work for you? PM, obviously." With a small and quick nod of his head, Felix answered yes. "Great, five PM tomorrow at yours? Is that okay?" "S-Sure.. I'll be looking forward to it."

   With a blush on his face, Felix walked over to the seat Seungmin had been waiting at, "What took you so long?"

   "Get the fuck out of my sight!" The words echoed in Seungmin's head, as he stared at the ground decorated with pieces of his now broken phone. His so-called father had thrown it onto the ground right in front of his eyes, smashing it into millions just as his heart had been handled.

   The brunette held his cheek, which was already red from the hard hit as his parents only watched. "H-honey, you can't kick hi-" "I can do whatever I want! Shut the fuck up, you whore- you better get out my sight as well!"

   Maybe his mother did care after all, yet she only watched helplessly as tears ran down the child's cheek—and that were supposed to be his parents, even the bullies at his old high school treated him better than this. And as a lewd whine escaped his lips, he ran out of the house.