EYES ON YOU

The two college students walked off campus together, hand in hand, as the sun casted a golden glow onto the city and dull campus. The leaves had all turned brown and looked dead as ever, crunching under one's foot.

   Jeongin's heart was pounding loudly in his chest, his mind consumed with thoughts of the older, loving boy. He knew that he couldn't keep his feelings a secret any longer after he had just realised what was going on in his mind. The weight of his emotions was too heavy to bear, and he longed to share his love for Jisung openly—perhaps, today was the day he'd finally tell him.

   But then again, he didn't want to ruin their amazing friendship and the future they'd possibly share, so he had stayed quiet for the past weeks. Yet there was just no way he could keep it to himself any longer, it hurt to call him his friend when there was the possibility for it to be way more.

   As they walked, Jeongin stole glances at Jisung, admiring the way the sunlight danced on his face. He mustered up the courage to speak, his voice slightly trembling. "Hyung, there's something I need to tell you," He began, his voice filled with anticipation.

   The brunette turned to him, his eyes filled with curiosity and a hint of affection, which Jeongin could see clear as day. He had learned what which look meant, from the endless of hours they spent together and the thousands of odd conversations they'd shared, so surely, he'd manage to confess now—even with the sudden- and odd-ness of it. 

   "What is it?" Jisung asked, his voice gentle yet blunt.

   Taking a deep breath, Jeongin got prepared to speak from the depths of his heart. "I- uh, I'm forcing you to watch Spirited Away again today. Be prepared." 

   He couldn't do it, 

    all of the world's eyes suddenly fell on him and he felt as if Jisung would just turn away and never talk to him again if he confessed something so stupid. "But- we just watched it yesterday! It's my turn to choose."

   In dramatics, the older let go of the raven's hand and threw his arms in the air, before crossing them over his chest, sulking.

   Jeongin couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh at Jisung's playful reaction. The tension that had built up inside him instantly dissolved into thin-nothings, and a sense of relief washed over him.

   He realised, that even though he hadn't confessed his true feelings, their friendship was still strong and they could continue to enjoy each other's company—for forever, because like the brunette once said, nothing would ever stop him from pestering the younger.

   The city was loud as they walked through the busy streets, hands tightly clasped together and feet tapping a steady rhythm against the cold, stone sidewalk. Every once in a while a car would honk—as something went wrong on the streets, or just for the fun of it—and Jisung would jump slightly and tighten his grip, the raven would only chuckle at that.

   He had learned how much of an anxious person Jisung is, and he had also learned the reason behind it—there wasn't any. From birth onwards Han had been incredibly shy and nervous around people, it was just one of his traits, and Jeongin didn't mind being the one to hold him close in public when he got scared or anxious, in fact, he was happy he could help him—somewhat.

   After roughly twenty minutes the two finally arrived back at their apartment and quickly went up the stairs with their bags on their backs, ready to be thrown off and onto the ground—like always. Laughing in a loud tone, the brunette sat himself down on the couch, one leg up on the armrest, men-spreading like there's no tomorrow.

   Jeongin just stared at him, after he walked up to the living room. He just wanted to lie down and let his body go and was too lazy to walk to his bedroom, but with Jisung here spreading his legs, he couldn't help his mind drifting off. "What? Did I get you excited?" Han asked with a smirk, not expecting a nod.