PASTRIES AND KISSES

Jeongin typed away on his phone as he walked next to the older, their steps slow and shoulders brushing. It was as early as eight in the morning and the two close friends were headed to college, one sleep-deprived but high on coffee and the other tired from sleeping in.

   Han and Jeongin truly were opposites but as they say, opposites attract and it was hard to oversee the fact that that was the case for them. Neither of the two could imagine a life without the other—now that they've got closer than ever.

   The two college students have been friends for roughly a year now and spend almost every second together. It may sound stupid but Jeongin was glad he spilled the older's coffee that October day. He was so so glad.

   "Seungmin wants to meet up before first period." The raven voiced out as he looked over at his friend, eyes questioning if he was okay with it. "Yeah, sure. Where?" "Right at the entrance, he just wanted to ask something, in person." Han nodded away, "Alright."

   And with a little conversation, they continued walking. Sometimes you're lucky enough to find yourself a person—a friend, a partner, a soulmate—where only their presence matters and nothing else. Both Jisung and Jeongin were fortunate to call the other that, though unfortunately only in a friends way at the moment.

Perhaps someday that will change.

   - "Sweet, see you later." Seungmin walked off with a smile, leaving the two other boys alone again. "See you."

   Jisung sighed softly, "Since when does he have a girlfriend?" "Don't ask me Hyung, you're closer with him." His head was crowded with thoughts, did Felix know? Surely he was going to be devastated.

   As one of Felix's best friends, he felt the need to tell him about how his crush had a partner—a girlfriend at that—but he could already imagine the sad look on his face. He didn't want to break it to him.

   All Han could hope for was that Seungmin had already told him and the blond had accepted it and learned to live with it. "What you thinking 'bout?" Jeongin—whom the brunette had long forgotten stood next to him—spoke up, seeing the slightly pained look on his face.

   The ravenette stopped breathing for a second, feeling his heart clench inside of him. Was Jisung interested in Seungmin? Did his chance with him slip out of his hands before he even tried to grab it?

   Oh, what was he thinking? Why would he even feel sad about such things? If anything he should be happy Jisung had found himself an interest and sad about the fact he got indirectly rejected, not sad that he doesn't have a chance with the brunette.

Jeongin shook off the weird thoughts and blamed it on his sleepiness.

   "It's nothing. We should head to class now, I'll see you in a bit." Han shook off the question as quickly as Jeongin his thoughts and started walking away—at a suspicious speed. His hands tightly held his backpack as he marched through the hallways and to the first period.

Today was sure to be chaotic.

   Light chatter echoed through the small café as the four college students sat at a table next to the big window of the coffee shop. The soft music playing in the background was too quiet to be heard as Jeongin spoke up, "So, how long have you two been together?" He asked in his usual sweet voice, eyes creasing into nothing as he smiled.

   His head was resting on his hands as he looked forward at the couple—that had been together for little over a month, as he (and Jisung) just learned. The raven cooed and leaned to the side, falling against his friend in the progress.