COLD WITHOUT YOU

The raven stared into nothing as he laid in bed, listening to the sound of silence. The apartment was empty and you could tell. Jisung unfortunately had to leave to take care of his mother, as she had just gone through surgery and was on bed rest—with no one there to help her.

   But Jisung leaving meant Jeongin not having anyone at home. Could you even call it that, If the reason why it's home wasn't there?

   The sound of nothing was deafening as the adult pulled out his phone, If he couldn't see him, he'd text him. It was better than nothing in Jeongin's opinion, way better. Not all too careful he grabbed his phone from the wooden nightstand beside him and opened messages.

He wondered, what was his Hyung up to?

hannie hyung >///<

last online at 07:32 PM

what r u doing?

is your mom well

She's all right

Kinda a bummer I have to take

care of her, she's old enough

good to hear

dont be such a baby abt it

And I'm doing nothing right now

Wanna call??

yes please xx

seen

   The quiet of the room was replaced by the ringing from his phone, Han was calling. Smiling brightly he accepted the call, already feeling better just at the thought of him. "Hyung it's so boring here." Jeongin immediately complained, not knowing how to start a conversation any other way. (Apparently, he has never heard of the word "hey".)

   Jisung only chuckled before silence settled between them, it was just like it's been this whole day, silent. Dead silent.

   It was this morning when the brunette left for his Mother's house and ever since, the taller of the two got scared of every sound he heard—even though he knew no one could get in, and even if, why would they want to in the first place?

   "What have you been doing?" The other asked in a low voice, laced with exhaustion. "Not much, I've been laying in bed the whole time. I mean, I should make the best of semester holidays, don't you think?" He rambled, fiddling with his hands in the meantime.

   Truth is, he has been thinking about the other boy the whole time. He just couldn't get him out of his head.

   It's only been a little over 10 hours, yet Jeongin already missed the older's messiness and silliness, his clumsiness as well. It was just too peaceful without him here, the raven enjoyed the peace with Jisung more, than whatever this was.

   He'd rather have the type of peaceful where he relaxed on the sofa and did nothing, while one specific brunette talked his ears off. He liked that one much better. Yet unfortunately he'd have to wait at least one more week 'till he could get that again.

   Bored as ever the two continued talking and the older's voice filled the emptiness Jeongin had been feeling, his heart got warm and stomach tingled with butterflies. Oh, how he missed the soft touches of his hand and the endless hours of cuddles.

   Without him here, he felt cold. This whole day he's been feeling nothing but cold and alone, and something as simple as hopping on a call with him made that feeling vanish. "True, really wish I could just sleep all day," Han replied simply, being already drained from taking care of his mother but he wouldn't tell her that—else she would just send him back because she had a way too nice heart.