MISUNDERSTANDING

Jeongin walked home from the café, hot coffee in hand and jacket zipped shut to his chin. The air was freezing and the sky dripping water lightly onto his cold cheeks.

   Carefully, he took the cup into his other hand and pulled out his phone—originally just to skip the song that had been playing on repeat. Yet his eyes landed on a notification: J.onesung shared a post.

   The ravenette smiled to himself as he tapped on the notification, seemed like Jisung must be enjoying himself if he decided to post after a while. Jeongin thought to himself as he swiped through the photos of his loved one, his cute puffy cheeks visible, but the last two slides caught him off guard.

Who was that girl?

   Jeongin thought to himself, last time he checked the college student didn't have a sister, so why was he clutching onto the girl's waist as if he had known her forever? With a weird feeling in his stomach, Yang turned off his phone and stuffed it back into his pocket—not forgetting to turn up the volume of the songs playing, in an attempt to drown out his thoughts.

   Yet it didn't seem to work, the whole way home he was questioning everything. From who that girl was, to who he was, to the familiar boy. Yet the only thing that came to his mind was the black-haired female being his girlfriend.

   It was obvious that he felt betrayed, with all the kisses they shared, the kind words and just everything that had happened this past year. How Jisung would always cling to him, was it just to feel something? Was he a toy to him?

   Perhaps his sweet personality was all a built-up facade, perhaps he didn't even like him.

   As soon as the ravenette entered their shared apartment, he sluggishly walked to his room, plugging down onto his bed with his arms and legs spread wide open. He stared at the ceiling. What was he supposed to do now?

   Feeling tired all of a sudden—despite just drinking his morning coffee—Jeongin let his eyes fall shut and continued to fall into a deep slumber. But what he hoped to be a peaceful rest turned into horror.

   Slowly the black-haired boy opened his eyes, blinded by light. It took him a second to adjust to the newfound brightness but when he did, he quickly realised he wasn't in his room. There was no soft mattress beneath him and the walls were an unflattering white, not the soft green he was used to.

   Carefully, the college student stood up—from what was a dark grey sofa, similar to the one back at his parents' apartment—and walked around the room. There was little furniture in the house, yet somehow everything seemed to fit perfectly into its place, the small wooden coffee table and flatscreen on the wall, along with the dark curtains next to the window fitted nicely into the room.

   But that didn't change the feeling the male had in his stomach, the anxiety of not knowing where he was. With soft steps he walked towards the open door on his left, being met with a long, dimly lit hallway. Looking to his left once again, there was a large archway to what seemed to be a kitchen and just a couple feet next to it was a bright wooden door—which seemed to lead to the outside.

   Jeongin took an unsteady step into the hallway, now looking to his right to make sure no one saw him—the anxiousness and adrenaline flowing through his body at high speed. 

   A big staircase decorated the end of the hall and Jeongin felt this weird urge to walk up the steps, so doing what everyone else would, he listened to the feeling in his gut and carefully climbed the set of stairs, being met with yet another hallway. 

   Though the lights were flickering on and off, he continued in his tracks, curious as to where it would lead him. In the background, he heard groaning and squeaking, immediately turning his face into a bright red.