0 - Preview

😬Author's POV

War came in drunk out of his wits.

It's been a dark month for him. Losing a whole chuck of your life, what people say as the most important part of his life took a toll on him.

"P'Waaaaar, you're so heavy." The girl he picked up from the bar the said in a sultry voice.

The both slumped down on the couch, War on top of the girl as he kiss her neck down to her breast a tall figure came out from his daughter's bedroom.

Yin has been staying in Belle's room since the night War brought in a girl from one of his drunk nights.

Yin could still remember the gut wrenching night. How the love of his life turned to a person he totally didn't know.

He's still in there somewhere. The man I love is still in there. I just need to be strong enough to hold on.

That's his mantra.

The matra that is slipping out of his mind each night he comes back in with a new girl towing him in.

"Daddy? Whoooo's that" the small girl said smooshing her eyes since she's woken up yet again by the noises from outside.

Yin never had the heart to tell her the truth.

"It's our gardener, baby. He's just stayin in for the night since he lost his house keys on the way home" Yin lied and immediately picked up his daughter.

"Daddy? Is... is Papa not my real Papa?" She asked.

"What do you mean love?" Yin asked her.

"Real Papa loves Belle. Real Papa loves to sing, play, and hugs me all the time. Real Papa makes me the best waffles with my favorite toppings" she said and she starts to frown and sniff.

The little girl trying hard to prevent herself from crying.

"He is not my real Papa, Daddy. I want my real Papa." The tears brimming her eyes finally fell down her flushed cheeks.

"He's some... maybe he's Papa's bad twin brother?" She asked.

Her mind building up defenses to keep the happy memories she had with War alive.

"Papa does not have a twin, baby. Remember Papa had a very serious accident right? We waited soooooo long for him to wake up, right?" Yin asks and tries so hard to explain to the girl their predicament.

Belle nods.

"Now, we just need to wait for Papa to wake up again. Because we love him sooooo much, we are willing to give Papa as much time as he needs, so he gets better."

Yin explains to the sobbing kid on his lap.

After some time, the little girl agrees and Yin lulls her to sleep in his arms. Soon, his daughter is asleep and Yin puts her back under the covers.

Yin walked out with determination.

This has got to stop.

Yin saw the girl War was with straddling War on their couch as she kisses War's neck.

The very couch that their daughter plays on every day.

"This has gome too far for too long, War" Yin said in a firm voice.

The girl turned to Yin with an annoyed face.

Yin grabs her shoulder and pushed her out of War's lap.

"What the fuck are you doing? P'War who is this? Your relative of something?" She shouted, annoyed at the interruption.

"Get out of this house on your own or I can drag you out. Your choice" Yin said in a menacing voice.

And he meant it.

"You're not the boss of me!" She shouted which left Yin no choice but to pick her up by her top, Yin can't even call it 'clothes' from the lack of fabric.

"Shit! Okay fine!! Get off me!!!" She swatted Yin's hand and she falls down to her butt. She groans in pain but immediately grabbed her shoes and gets out.

Yin waited for the electronic lock to kick in before he focused his attention back to War.

War who is now sleeping passed out on the couch.

"Baby. Let me know if you're still there. Give me any sign to hold on and I will. But if you're not, tell me..." he trailed off before inhaling deep.

"Tell me so I can let you go"

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Just a taste of what's to come in September🥲