16 - Wide Awake

🐭War's POV

"Happy birthday, dear Be-elleeee. Happy Birthday to youuuuu" Everyone sang in chorus.

She closes her eyes real tight and blew out her candles.

Everyone applauded and cheered as confetti pops and falls all around us. She went in and kissed me and then Yin.

"What did you wish for, princess? Toys? Books?" Yin asked lovingly.

"Nope. My wish is for Papa." She whispers and looks at me with a shy smile.

"You wish for Papa to get his memory back?" Yin asked.

"Nope. I wished for Papa to marry Daddy."

"That's not something you should wish for, for your birthdayyyyy." Yin said tickling her.

"But that's what I want." she said with a stomp on her feet and got away from Yin and ran away for a few steps before turning back and sticking out her tongue to Yin before running to her cousins, laughing at herself.

"She really has no filter." I scoff at Yin.

"Do you want to go on a date? A real date?" he asks, out of the blue.

"Uhmm... like going out to eat?"

"Yeah, and maybe a movie." He said casually. It's like we're going about it backwards... I mean, we did had sex... but then we didn't really go out on a date yet.

"Next weekend?" I ask.

"Sure. Next weekend it is." He said as we made our way to the guests. Doing small talks before going to the next table.

This party is a success. Everyone enjoyed the resort, the watersports, and of course each other's company. It's the first time this whole group is together but they all clicked well.

Belle wanted to sleep with us tonight so now we're in bed, eating chips and watching her now favorite show, Sofia the First.

"Daddy" she murmurs and I looked down and she's fighting her eyes from closing.

"Let's sleep, sweetheart." Yin whispered and started to pat her butt to make her sleep.

"Dowwannassssleepdaddd" she slurs her disapproval for her bedtime but it's been a full day for her so I know she's exhausted. Without naps, she'll be knocked out cold by 8PM. It's 9 and she's already a champ taking this long to sleep.

"She's asleep?" I ask and Yin moved his eyebrows up and down for his response.

I wanna that hug too though... But fine, it's just for tonight.

"What?" he asks.

I look back at the TV. "Nothing." I simply said.

Then I felt him move and I look and Belle is lying on top of him, straddling Yin's stomach as her face is stuck to the other side of his neck.

"This side is free." He said with a smirk and I roll my eyes at him.

"I didn't ask."

"Stop acting like you don't want to. You're too obvious. Come here." He said bored and I slowly went in and my head on his arm.

"My head's heavy." I said and he just chuckles before kissing my head. I wrapped my arm and then my leg around him.

"I didn't ask" he said mockingly and I bite his chest playfully. "Oww" he said in a bored tone.

And we slept like this. I just know he'll have a sore body when we wake up... But I can't bring myself to move away.

"Goodnight, love." He whispered.