14 - Nonsense

🦤Yin's POV

Saying we're in a shitstorm is putting it off lightly.

The whispers are loud and constant. Alex might not be saying anything, but everyone around her are shouting.

At the top of their lungs.

Bad things about War. And of course, me.

Social media is a piece of hell on earth.

People torturing each other. Hate throwing from uninformed people that just want to bring out hate. I thank God that Belle is young enough to be exposed to that yet.

But I fear that she'll have a more brutal world to live in as she grows old.

"I miss the Safari. Can we go back?" She murmurs she sat between us on Friday movie night.

"It's only been two weeks." War reminded her. Besides, you have your birthday to look forward to. Exactly 15 days from today. We haven't planned anything since I want you to choose whatever you want to do." He adds.

"Hmm... I don't know." She murmurs and leans to War.

With War being at home more now, Belle started to warm up to him.

"Okay. Let's brainstorm." I suggested and she looked at me, interested. "Pool party?"

"Hmmm nooo"

"Pajama party?" War chimed in.

She shakes her head.

"How about... beach party? We can have paddleboards, kayaks, banana boat ride, maybe even a jet ski or rent yacht? Your Papa will pay for it. Go on and milk him." I whisper at her and she giggles and I looked at War who's looking at me unimpressed with a raised eyebrow. "OR we can do bonfires and smores."

"I like the beach party." She said looking at War.

"Okay. Bonfires and smores, it is." He said.

"No." she shook her head. "I want what daddy said." she adds and smiles sweetly at me.

She's all smiles and I'll be in trouble later.

"Which ones?" War asked.

"All of it!" she said happily.

I am toast.

*

"A jet ski and a yacht?" he asks as he looks up from his laptop. I have put Belle in bed and he works for a bit before sleeping.

I went in under the covers and lie on my side.

"You could afford it."

"It's the principle. I already told her last week that the Safari trip is her birthday gift and we'll have something simple this year and you suggested something that would probably cost me millions."

"Half a million would be more accurate, I think."

"You're trying to be funny??" he asks irritably.

It's not it. He would gladly spend millions for Belle.

He's bothered with work. I leaned in and lay my head on one side of his chest. Glancing through the report on the screen, ohhh it's bad.

"Maybe we should stop working for tonight, hmmm?" I said closing his laptop.

"Hey! Yin, I need to get action for that." he groans as I drop the laptop on the floor on my side of the bed.

"Saw you staring on that report before dinner, then again when you were showering, and now. You need to look away to see it again with fresh eyes." I hugging him tightly to me.