26 - Lost Stars

🐭War's POV

"Thank you, Mr. War." One said, after another.

The monthly lunch is going well. I'm seated in a 10-person table. 5 on each side. This dining hall can accommodate about 400 people. It's a big dining hall, with food stalls all around the sides.

Today, the company bought out 2 different catering companies and we've set up a small selection of meals, catering to our international employees.

There's Halal, Vegan, Vegetarian, all kinds of meats, and of course drinks and desserts too.

In front of me, two tables away, is where Yin is seated. He's facing my way so I have a view of him as we start to eat.

"P'War?" I look up and Frame is holding a tray. "Sorry... I... well my seat there is... barely a seat." She says, clearly uncomfortable and I turn to where she's looking. There are 4 large people in that seat.

Yeah, no way in possible hell she can fit there.

What are the odds, right?

"Sure." I told her and I look to my row. "Can Frame seat with us? I think we can scootch a little bit." I told them and they all moved.

It's a good thing all five of us have small built. The six of fit snuggly.

"Thank you." she whispers near me. "I don't want to tell them to move cause they might feel bad."

She's really very considerate.

"I get it." I told her and went to enjoy my meal. The group chatted for a bit, something chill and random.

The topics are mostly about their interests outside of work.

Shows they are currently watching, movies they are waiting to watch, good coffee shops to visit, the best new financial 'hack', and a whole lot more.

All throughout lunch, my eyes just automatically fall onto Yin's way. He'll either be eating, chatting, listening, and a couple of times, our gazes met.

His small smile and a quick wink would make me chuckle.

Towards the end of the lunch hour, I see Yin and his group stand up. He made a small tip of his head my way, as if saying we're leaving now. I gave him a small nod of acknowledgement.

As we drew closer to the end of the hour, people started to stand up.

"I'll go ahead. Lots of work to complete." I told everyone on the table.

"Me too. Let's go together P'War?" she asks.

I shrug and we walk towards the elevator. Since it's the end of lunch, this floor is packed. I waited patiently as we line up waiting for the next elevator to come.

It's a quick queue since we have all 8 elevators right now.

"Mr. War." Lala beamed with a smile, beside her, my ever-silent husband.

"Lala." I said with a nod, "I thought lined up earlier?" I ask her.

"A few seniors lined up, we made them go in first." She explained, Yin stealing a few glances our way.

Oh, this man is ridiculous.

It's not like he already told people his position in my life earlier, granted it's just a handful of people, but still. I thought he'd at least warm up to us by now.

The car opened and people started coming in. Yin and Lala got in last and it's barely enough for one person, I made a motion for Frame to come in.

"It's okay, P'War. We can get the next one." She says.

"Oh, that's okay, we can squeeze in a bit." Lala said and people inside immediately squeezed in.

I stepped in and stood right behind Yin and Frame looked at the space before stepping in.

"See? We even have space." Lala said and Frame looked like she's not having it and I heard Yin chuckle. I pumped my shoulder to his chest. I felt his hand right on my waist. Just a soft touch, but it makes me blush.