27 - One Last Time

🐭War's POV

As soon as the doors closed with an ominous thud, I turn to that direction.

It took me all of 5 seconds to realize I should've gone with Yin home. No matter how annoyed I am, I should've known better.

Damn it.

I immediately stood up and ran to the door. As soon as got out and it's already empty. I sigh. Pressing my head on the cold glass wall by the reception area.

God damn it.

"Mr. War?" Kitty called as she got back from the bathroom. "There's an urgent report from the Derivatives. They need an approval for the buyout."

"Okay, send it to me." I told her, I've been waiting for this report since last week and I really want to get this out. The more time we spent on it, we're losing money. I got back in my office and reviewed it.

The report's easy enough to comprehend. We have a really good Business Intelligence group. Amazing report. I explore the report, seeing favorable results, I think it's only 10 minutes and I gave my digital signature.

I sent it out and went straight to phone.

I should call Yin.

But it went straight to voice mail, the automated response for an out of reach phone number was made.

He turned off his phone.

He must be angry with me.

Fuck.

I quickly packed my things, grabbed the keys on my coffee table and out I went. The drive back home was kinda slow but it's still manageable. Less than an hour and I got inside.

"Papa!!" Belle ran towards me and I kissed her cheeks. "Daddy working late?" she asks and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Hmmm yeah. He'll be home soon." I told her. Yin must have gone out to cool his head or something. I don't even know if he'll be home anytime soon. "You're hungry?" I ask her and she nods. "Let's eat then."

We ate dinner and she's very animated on her story telling. Everything about her day. As she tells me about her day, I went to my phone and turned on the gate alert. So, I know what time he'll be home.

Belle asked for one game. So, after dunner, we went to the corner sitting area to play on her Nintendo Switch.

We're past the halfway point when my phone pinged. I checked it and it's the security app. Someone's on the gates. I took a quick look at my phone and saw an SUV outside. Yin got out and someone he's talking to.

Who's that? He's smiling easily, gave a bow and walked to enter his code.

I immediately closed my phone and put it in my pocket. Continued playing with Belle but my ears are hypersensitive to Yin's footsteps, waiting for him.

Eventually, I heard someone at the front door.

I focused on the game and just listened to them. My mind still thinking who was it? It is too much of a coincidence that he was able to get a ride with someone that quickly. Besides, the can just call a cab or book a ride.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I lost to Belle.

"Let's get you ready for bed?" I ask her and she frowns but nods. We go up and she changed into her pajamas after brushing her teeth. I tucked her in bed and I went to the bedroom.

I breathed out at the burning weight on my pocket.

I wanted to get the full view, the other camera's angle, and to listen on the audio. But I had to use my laptop on this. The mobile app won't have that feature.