9 - Little Life

🦤Yin's POV

I woke up with a jolt and noticed Belle's ruffled from my movements. I went on to tap her butt and hum to get her back to sleep.

Now my problem is, I can't get back to sleep.

Ughhhhh.

Better warm up some milk. I walk out of the room and went to the kitchen to make some warm milk. It's almost 3AM and the whole house is dead quiet.

After drinking a glass, I went back up and as I walk the hallway, I saw the office room ajar. Then I was about to open Belle's room when War walked out of the office.

"Working this late?" I ask, but he didn't reply. Just walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" I ask as he near me and then I felt his hand hold mine which is holding on to the doorknob. He tried to push it but I held on.

"Wanna... sleep." He mumbles.

"This is not your room." I whispered but he just grunts in annoyance. "I'm gonna bring you back to your room, okay?" I whispered and he shook his head no.

"Yin" he breathes out and I immediately stilled.

No. He might just be aware that it's my first night back here.

"Work... I need to work." He continues.

He must be so out of it. He didn't talk this much before and I only ever seen him walk about two times. Those were the times when we were arguing so much and it was stressing him out.

He must be so stressed out right now for him to be able to walk out of room.

"Okay, okay." I said and we walked back to his dimly lit office.

His lamp open on his desk with a lot of scattered papers. Some are on the floor too. He must have fallen asleep on the desk. Hmmm couch.

Okay, let's go to the couch.

I walked him there but before I can even leave him, he pulls me down so I'm awkwardly supporting my weight to not crush him.

I made a move to change our position but he just kept on pulling into me.

After minutes and minutes of trying to pry myself off him, I quit and just let him hold on to me. I lie down on the couch with him on top of me. He still got his fingers tense around my shirt so I tap his head with one hand and stroke his back with the other.

The top of his right below my nose that I can still smell his shampoo.

Same as before.

Slowly, I felt his hands relax their grip and his breathing started to be calmer and calmer.

"Stay... with me" he said, slurring his words. "Don't leave me..." he then groans and held on tight again.

"Shhhh sleep everything's going to be alright." I whisper.

"Yinnn..." he then mumbles some words that I can't understand.

That was the last word he said before he finally went to a peaceful sleep.

So no matter how awkward my sleeping position is, or how painful my joints and muscles will be tomorrow, I made no move.

Not wanting him to lose any more sleep than he does.

*

I woke up to movements. I slowly open my eyes and he's shocked.

"Yin"

"You're awake." I said, oh my throat hurts a bit. I move and damn my body is making me pay for last night. "You should really get some rest. You're asleep talking and worst, you're sleepwalking again." I add concerned that his schedule is talking a toll on her.