4 - Ere

🦤Yin's POV

This is the worst.

Worst. Trip. Ever.

The first two days is all me inside the bedroom. I was sick with common flu so I was taking vitamins and rest.

The worse thing is after I got back on my feet, it seems as if they are closer. Closer than what I'm comfortable with.

The place was cool since it's a bit high up. There's a lot of farmers here, from what I see on their roads. A lot of stalls for vegetables and fruits and flowers.

Every time the three of us are in the same place, which is close to constant, it's all him and her. Oddly, they do look compatible. They're interests are the same, the rapport is smooth. She deliberately includes me and I see how War appreciates that. Which only meant more 'points' for her.

The trip went on. From once place to another. The next stop, a beach area where we stayed for a few days. There I can definitely see that War's closer to her.

I can literally see and feel him slip farther away from me.

We stayed in one room but there's this space between us. We talk, barely about us. When we do talk, he just kept on saying how Alex is great. It pisses me off to no end but saying that I am uncomfortable is also not acceptable.

How can I without looking petty?

After moving to the third place, we're halfway through the trip and it's Alex's province. Ilocos Norte is at the top of the main island. There's a lot of activities there.

We rode out in sand dunes, went to different falls, and a few beaches.

Since it's Alex's province, a lot of her cousins also joined us.

We are on our last day here, sitting around a bonfire and I kept on looking at War. The fire flickering making thousand different patterns across his skin.

"I hope it works out." Anntonia, Alex's cousin, said.

"Yeah, it's just a break. We'll get better once we're back home." I murmur and she giggles which made me look at her in question.

"Nah. Sorry. I just remember me. I too held on so long. Hope for too long. But once love is lost, sometimes it stays lost." She said looking far into the center fire.

Somehow I felt a chill ran down my body.

It's the worst thing for me. I know it.

Every night we sleep, I'm haunted of that possibility. It feels so weird. We stay together in bed, some nights I get a hug from him but once we're out and about, that separation just kept on getting farther and farther.

"How did you know you had to let go?" I said, barely a whisper.

"When I saw that he's no longer happy with me. That someone could make him happier. That someone else is better. I can let myself try and try as hard as I can. But every time I try, he got deeper into hurting." She said, I can see the glint in her eyes.

Shit. I made her cry.

"Ohhh please don't cry. I don't want your family to kill me." I said scared. She blinked twice and laughed out loud.

"You're funny, Yin. If you need anything just let me know. I can kidnap him for you." she said that last one in a whisper.

I leaned in and whispered back, "That is an offer, I would NOT reject" and we both laughed at how desperate I am.

The night turned deep and we called it a night. Back to bed since it's an early flight tomorrow. We're taking the helicopter that Alex family use to fly up on an island of Batanes.