06. THE MAN WITH FINS

ʬʬ

ʬʬ.♡︎┈ː ː I WANNA BE YOURS
THE NEIGHBORHOOD .( 💿﹚

IN WHICH....     researching and learning about supernatural creatures was your job, your life. you would never do anything to jeopardize it. but.. things change when you catch the eye of a merman your company recently captured.
WARNINGS ⟢ slight misogyny, mentions of supernatural cruelty, taser marks, slightly possessive merman, lowkey enemies to lovers, forbidden lovers(?), water sex, typical merman anatomy, underwater oral sex, light man handling, pet names, praise, porn with feelings, inspired by the movie; the shape of water, etc.

 WARNINGS ⟢    slight misogyny, mentions of supernatural cruelty, taser marks, slightly possessive merman, lowkey enemies to lovers, forbidden lovers(?), water sex, typical merman anatomy, underwater oral sex, light man handling, pet names, praise...

Dedication is what fueled you, what gave you drive. Your mind remained fixated on whatever you wanted, going against several odds to gain it. You were simply a stubborn woman that refuses to take things completely at face value. And what you currently wanted was to become an official Crypotzoologist. And you are almost there too.. only you are currently shadowing a lead researcher.

He was.. alright? Not especially rude but he did have his moments. A man of his time, is what people would formally say.

Snapping at you, calling you girl, making unheeded comments about your attire— you decided to brush these words off, knowing you needed this experience to become what you wanted to be.

A sentence that whirled through your mind as you ran towards the observation room, hand clutching the foam cup of coffee so tightly to assure it won't spill. You huffed as you pushed open the double doors, glancing around the room. The observation room was an area with various tubes and wires scattered around, with about three desks tucked into a corner. This room was specifically used as a temporary holding center until the creature was either declared fit to keep or sent back to where they came from.

Usually, the company didn't give up creatures so easily.

Despite the usual layout of the room, you noticed how tubes were pushed to the side in place of a large tank. You stepped deeper into the spacious room, eyes widening as you spotted the creature swimming through the blue water, bumping— its tail, against the glass once in a while. You approached the pool, walking around it to get a better look.