15. A REWARD FOR DEVOTION

̭͡ STATUEOFARES x READER,
After stumbling upon the beautiful statue of Ares himself, you find yourself trudging towards the Underworld before every battle; praying for strength. You spend so much time worshipping the God, a certain someone begins to take notice.
CONTENT WARNING(s) ׁ ۪
reader worships ares, use of the word "god", breeding, fortnite.. , canon-divergence, manhandling, self-indulgent, mentions of canontypical violence, outside sex, y'all fuck against his statue, power dynamics(?), curvy reader, overstimulation, use of pet names, minor degradation, hair pulling, slight possessive behavior, squirting, etc,
AUTHOR'S NOTE(s) ׁ ۪
i originally posted this on ao3 so if you see my acc, no the work isn't stolen. this is literally based off the fortnite statue of ares & if that is a problem please exit the fic 😭. enjoy & please excuse typos or grammar mistakes <3 !

The air around you was still, quiet with no sign of life aside from you

The air around you was still, quiet with no sign of life aside from you. The sickly green rivers flowed slowly, dust rising around you with each step through the blackened sand. Your hands were kept close, memory guiding your path, whilst a smile presented itself upon your features. A normal routine for you; you could never hide the excitement that festered around this time of day.

Around the time, you were able to go and worship the Statue of Ares.

You don't remember the exact day it started or why it did. You simply came across the statue after trudging through the Underworld and became enamored the moment your eyes landed upon it. It was perfect in every way. Stained in gold and sculpted skillfully. From Hus helmet, all the way down to His skirt, the intentions were clear. The figure exuded so much power despite being inanimate.

As stated before, you were instantly drawn to it. Finding yourself at your knees just as He was; worships falling from your tongue. Whether it was affirmations, implores for strength, or simple compliments— nothing was out of question. You took your worship far too seriously, even going as far as apologizing if you missed the opportunity.

As if Ares himself would hear.

Your smile seemed to deepen the moment His statue came into view, quickening your pace. Within moments you were a foot away, eyes dragging up the statue's torso to look right at His helmet. You always found yourself looking away at this point, intimidated, truly believing the statue was looking right at you. The thought always caused you to chuckle, eyes rolling at your dramatics.

At this point you were readying yourself for worship, lowering to your knees slowly; tucking your legs underneath you. It took a moment to get comfortable, adjusting yourself as to not put your entire weight on your legs. Soon enough you found the perfect spot, hands rising to clasp whilst closing your eyes.

Your lips moved slowly, taking time to thank the God for many things while also expressing random thoughts. Anyone passing by would believe you were a madwoman; chatting endlessly to a statue kneeling in the ground. Luckily you seemed to be the only being in the Underworld, leaving you away from someone's judging gaze.