PROLOGUE

"I WANT YOU." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me."

Slowly, her eyes cracked open, but she didn't dare meet his eyes, her gaze glued to his broad chest. His grip tightened ever so slightly, a warning.

Her breath caught in her throat when she looked at him- I mean, really looked at him. His golden eyes were as direct as expected, not even blinking as much as the average person. They glistened in the moonlight that peeked through the blinds, bringing an inhuman shine to them. A satisfied smile stretched across his lips until his prominent canines made an appearance.

A finger tugged on the collar of her shirt and dragged it down- just enough to reveal the mark that was imprinted forever on her delicate neck.

"Do remember what this means?" It was this speech, this deep, heavy voice of his that immediately set him apart from everyone else.

No longer able to hold his gaze, her eyes fell. A blush tinted her cheeks and she shook her head.

His hand caught somewhere behind her neck and base of her jaw to tilt her head back so her eyes met his. Once he had her gaze, he persisted, "I think you do." His other hand came up to lightly brush the hair back away from her face. "What are we, hmm?"

His fingers trailed down the curves of her body until they settled on her hips to gently tug her closer, pulling a sharp inhale from her. With their bodies pressed together, hearts racing in sync, and butterflies fluttering in both of their stomachs, she peeked up at him once more.

A shudder shot down her spine as he leaned in to nuzzle her neck, his hot breath fanning against the mark. "C'mon, say it." He breathily taunted.

With a shaky breath, she whispered, "we're mates."

(I'm not the best at descriptions 😅)

Being pinned down the ground marked against your will by a lycanthrope is bad enough. However, when Sophia Johnson is blackmailed into marrying said lycanthrope, she discovers there's much more to him than just that. All at once, her world is flipped upside down.

Being held captive by humans most his life, she's given six months to teach him how to be an average human out in society, all while resisting the pull of the mate bond weighing heavy in her heart. Not only that, but how will she explain to her family that she secretly got married when she sees them at Christmas?

How long can she resist when her mate, Cillian, is bound and determined to ensure he wins her over before the six months are over?

•••

According to google, lycanthrope and werewolves are the same thing. Also according to google, they are different lol.

To clarify and to hopefully avoid any confusion, werewolves and lycanthrope are going to be the same thing in this book- but my definition of that. In this book, I will go against the "norm" with quite a few things regarding werewolves, what they look like, what they do, etc... this is not your typical werewolf story in many ways, but hopefully a good way!

Hate comments will NOT be tolerated. Neither will passive aggressive ones. If you don't like my book, that's okay. You don't have to. All I ask is that you'll stop reading rather then leave a hateful comment. Please remember, this book is basically my baby. I spent hours upon hours on it. I actually started the idea of it over a year ago and have been working on it over the course of a few months since. In other words, I worked very hard on it. Please be kind 🙏🏻🩷

Spam comments (if they are nice) are super appreciated!! I don't know why some authors don't like it, but I love it! Comment as much as you'd like!

To my loyal, most amazing, loving, and thoughtful readers and rereaders, THANK YOU for reading!! I'm so appreciative to you all!! 🩷

Also, I think this book can best be enjoyed when you turn to pages black :)

Question of the chapter: have you read any of my other books? If so, which book did you come from?

DISCLAIMER: I own ALL rights to this story. I do not own the few dialogue prompts used, but that's it. I do NOT consent to have my work posted, translated, or published on any third party site or app. If anyone sees my work anywhere but here, on this account, someone has posted it without my permission. Please tell me immediately. If I see someone stole or plagiarized any part of my book, you WILL be reported immediately by me, and my loyal amazing readers 😎

P.S. if you have previously read some of my books before, I sometimes reuse dialogues and scenes from other books. Just a heads up so you don't think I stole someone else's work lol!