Chapter Ten - The Group Date

Lisa's POV

- - - - - MEIJI UNIVERSITY STATION - LATE AFTERNOON - - - - -

As the sun began its descent, casting a warm golden glow over the surroundings, Onee-chan and I found ourselves at the station in front of Meiji University.

"Are they here yet?" I whined.

"Patience, Lisa. I'm sure they are on their way," Onee-chan replied.

"Hmph," I grumbled. I looked around the station, I nudged Onee-chan playfully as I noticed a familiar figure in the crowd. It was Yusuke, an unexpected sight at this time and place. He usually opted for his car, cruising to the university with the freedom his freshly acquired driver's license provided. However, today was different – a rare train day for him.

"Yusuke!" I called out to him.

"Hey, Lisa, Ema. Running into you here is a surprise." He smiled.

I grinned, my eyes gleaming with mischief. "Surprised to see you ditching your precious car, Yusuke."

I saw that corner of Onee-chan's lips curled into a knowing smile as she chimed in. "Yeah, what's the special occasion, Yusuke?"

Yusuke chuckled, somewhat sheepish. "Well, Kyo-nii is using the car today, so I had to take the train. Can't complain; it's not my car, after all. I'm saving up to get one of my own soon. So, what brings you two here?"

Onee-chan flashed a warm smile before delving into her explanation. "Well, Yusuke, We're here to meet up with Yukihiro Sayuri. She's one of our fellow students at Meiji University." She paused for a moment, her eyes twinkling with a fondness for her friend. "The thing is, while you and I are both studying commerce, Sayuri has taken the path of literature."

As Onee-chan spoke, Yusuke's eyes widened with understanding. The diversity of our academic pursuits at the same university had always been a source of camaraderie among us.

Our chatter continued, albeit with a watchful eye on the station's digital clock. It was evident that Mahoko was running late, causing a sense of anticipation to hang in the air. We exchanged stories about our classes, shared laughs, and discussed our plans for the upcoming semester.

"I wonder where Mahoko could be?"

*Train Approaching*

As the distant sound of an approaching train pulled our attention to the platform. Our eyes scanned the dispersing crowd, searching for a glimpse of Sayori-chan.

And then, she appeared, her presence immediately drawing our attention.  But what truly caught our eye was the tall, enigmatic figure following closely behind her – Sasakura Senpai and Mahoko Senpai.

"Lisa-chii! Ema-chii! Sorry I was late," Sayori-chan huffed as they ran towards us.

"It's alright, It's nice to see you again Sasakura-ku." Onee-chan greeted.

"Nice to see you as well. You too Lisa-san,"

"Likewise. Why were you late Sayori-chan?" I asked.

 "I was meeting up with Mahoko and Sasakura in Shinjuku, but then I got all turned around." Sayori-chan smiled sheepishly.

I raised an eyebrow, "Shinjuku, huh? Quite the adventure, Sayori-chan."

Sasakura senpaid, in a friendly tone, chimed in. "Yeah, it's been a while, Ema. Our campuses are so far apart."

Yusuke's expression darkened as Sayori made an unexpected invitation.

"Hey, everyone, how about joining us for a group date tonight? There's a big event at a club in Shibuya, and some good-looking guys from other universities will be there. Mahoko's senior arranged it, and she invited us." Sayori chirped.