Chapter Seventeen - Hidden Melody: The Investigation

One day, as Ema watched Lisa practice her dance routines at the studio, Ema couldn't shake the growing concern that had settled in her heart. She has noticed strange behaviour in Lisa, she noticed that she seems to be fatigued most of the time. Ema made a decision. She couldn't stand idly by, pretending that everything was okay. Lisa's health and well-being meant more to her.

After Lisa's practice session, Ema gathered her courage and approached Jumin. She opened the conversation hesitantly, trying to choose her words carefully.

"Jumin-san, can I talk to you for a moment?" Ema said.

Jumin looks up from his paperwork, sensing the urgency in Ema's voice. "What's going on, Hinata-san?"

"It's Lisa. I've been watching her closely during the performances. Something's not right," Ema implored.

Jumin's expression tightens, showing his worry. "What do you mean?"

"She's been struggling on stage, Jumin-san. More than just exhaustion, I think. I'm concerned it might be her health." Ema added.

Jumin's face shows a mix of emotions, torn between protecting Lisa and addressing a potential issue. "Hinata-san, you know how important the stage is for her. We've been pushing hard, but she's a professional. She can handle it,"

"I know, but you remember what she went through a few years ago. I can't shake the feeling that we might be missing something important," Ema insisted.

Jumin hesitates for a moment, then sighs, understanding Ema's point. "Alright, Hinata-san, I'll look into it. We'll make sure she gets the rest she needs,"

Ema remains unconvinced, but she appreciates Jumin's concern. "Thank you, Jumin-san. But Lisa's health should always come first,"

- - - - - TIME SKIP - - - - -

One evening, Ema sat alone in her room at the Sunrise Residence, the weight of concern pressing down on her. She picked up her phone and dialled the number she had known for years – Dr Hiroshi, Lisa's trusted haematologist.

Ema sits at her desk, determined to take matters into her own hands. She starts making a phone call.

"Hello, Dr. Hiroshi. It's Ema. I need to schedule an appointment for someone..."

- - - - - THE NEXT DAY - - - - -

Ema sits nervously in Dr. Hiroshi's office. The doctor, a middle-aged, compassionate man, takes a seat and prepares to listen to Ema's concerns.

Doctor, I'm here about a sister of mine, Lisa. She's been struggling, and I'm worried it might be more than just exhaustion.

Dr. Hiroshi leans in, attentive to Ema's words. "I understand your concern. Please, tell me more about Lisa's condition and her symptoms."

"Well, it's not just the fatigue. She's been having difficulty breathing and her energy levels are extremely low. She's pushing herself so hard," Ema said anxiously.

Dr. Hiroshi nods, taking notes. "I see. Has Lisa been undergoing any medical treatment recently? It's important for me to know her medical history."

"She had sickle cell disease when she was young, but it went into remission after treatment. I don't think she's mentioned any recent medical visits," She reluctantly said.

Dr. Hiroshi looks at his records, then back at Ema. "Ema, I need to be honest with you. Lisa has been coming to see me since she returned from her hiatus. Her sickle cell disease has returned, and we've been monitoring her closely."

Ema is shocked and worried. "Why didn't she tell anyone? Why did she keep it a secret?"

Dr. Hiroshi replied gently, "Patients often fear the impact of their health conditions on their careers, especially in the entertainment industry. She might have wanted to protect her image and her career,"