Chapter Sixteen - Hello and Goodbye

Lisa sits at the dining table with Wataru, helping him with his math homework. Wataru seems to be struggling with the problems.

"I'll become the president one day, just you wait, Nee-san. I'll make loads of money." Wataru claimed.

Lisa raises an eyebrow, curious about Wataru's sudden declaration. "Oh? The president of what, Taru-kun?"

Wataru looks earnestly at Lisa, determination in his eyes. "A big company! The one that makes the most money. I'll work hard, and you'll see. I want to make you happy,"

Lisa is taken aback by Wataru's declaration, her smile fading. "Taru-kun..."

Wataru locks eyes with Lisa and continues, his tone serious. "Please wait for me, Nee-san. When I have lots of money, you'll be my bride. I promise,"

Lisa is stunned into silence, her mind racing. She doesn't want to hurt Wataru's feelings, but his words have taken her by surprise.

Wataru notices the uncertainty in Lisa's eyes and quickly becomes concerned. "Nee-san, I'm sorry if that upset you. I didn't mean to..."

He pauses, then wraps his arms around Lisa in a tight hug, pleading with her not to be upset. "Please don't be mad at me, Nee-san."

Just as Lisa is trying to compose herself, the sound of someone approaching catches their attention. They turn to see Kaname entering the room, his teasing smile evident.

"Seems like Lisa was caught off guard, huh?" Kaname teased.

Lisa, grateful for the distraction, directs her attention to Kaname. 

"Kaname-san, you're back!" Ema was surprised when she entered the living room.

Kaname grins, genuinely happy to see Ema. "Yes, I'm finally back. And I would have been even happier if you started calling me 'Nii-san' now."

Lisa's heart feels lighter with Kaname's return and the warmth of his brotherly presence.

"Welcome back, Onii-chan. We missed you," Lisa smiled.

Lisa, Ema Kaname, Tsubaki, Wataru, Yusuke, Subaru, and Ukyo sit around the living room. The atmosphere is warm and filled with chatter.

Tsubaki playfully eyes Kaname's clothes, raising an eyebrow. "Hey, Kana-nii, where did you get those stylish clothes? They're a far cry from your old fashion sense,"

Kaname chuckles, a subtle change in his demeanour apparent to Lisa. "I thought it was time for a bit of a makeover. You know, new beginnings and all that."

Lisa observes the way Kaname speaks and can't help but notice the difference from how he used to be. "Onii-chan, you seem different. More confident, maybe?"

Kaname nods, acknowledging the change in himself. "You could say that, Imouto-chan. Life outside of this house has taught me a lot."

In the kitchen, Ukyo is busy preparing dinner, a content smile on his face as he listens to the joyful commotion in the living room. Back in the living room, everyone is pleased to have Kaname back, and they chat about various topics.

"By the way, the temple is holding an event soon. You guys should come. It'll be fun," Kaname smiled.

Ukyo, sitting nearby, isn't particularly interested. "I'm not into temple events, but you all go ahead."

Wataru, ever the curious one, perks up at the idea. "Girls always invite Kana-nii to events! I want that too."

Yusuke, not particularly thrilled with Wataru's comment, decides to share his perspective. "Wataru, it's not about being like Kana0nii. You should be yourself,"