1. Man down, I can't believe

A/N: Wake up babes, new fic just dropped! So this is my first endeavour into writing boyxboy and obviously had to be my best ship boys! I will put content warnings at the top of each chapter as necessary. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment 🥰

CW : mentions of struggling with feelings regarding sexuality. I think that's it for this first one. Bit of fluff to ease you in 🥰

Oli's POV:

Ugh, online dating fucking sucks. Why the fuck did I tell Mat I'd give it a try? My fingers hurt from swiping so much and the only notifications I'm getting are from the fakest looking girls ever, all only after one thing. I mean, I'm an attractive guy - I can admit that. I've never really struggled with getting attention from women, and it's been fun at times, but I'm getting close to thirty now and it's just tedious!

I throw my phone on the sofa next to me, startling the sleeping white dog lying alongside the sofa. I make a clicking noise with my tongue, giving Luna's fuzzy ears a scratch which she seems to accept as some kind of apology. She lets out a yawn and lays her long snout on her front paws, drifting off again in seconds. I breathe out a chuckle at her and run my hands through my hair, gripping it tightly as I yawn and reach for the remote. I guess it's another night alone in front of the TV for me. Well, alone apart from Luna. I switch the channel to one that mostly shows American sitcom reruns - the really shitty ones with the canned laughter track - but it's just background noise so I can tune out of my own head.

Just as my eyes are about to drift closed, a rumble jolts me awake. I blink as I calm my breathing, flicking my eyes across to my phone which has just lit up. I hold it in front of my face to unlock the screen, rolling my eyes as I click on the notification from the dating app. I'm fully expecting it to be one of those fake looking girls again, but the picture that greets me stops me in my tracks. The most stunning blue eyes I have ever seen seem to pierce through my soul from the inside of my phone and suddenly, I'm not so tired anymore.

I pull myself upright and hover a thumb over the picture. I pull my bottom lip between my teeth as I inspect the rest of the image. Nice jawline, really cute smile, and then I'm drawn back to those eyes again.

Fuck it, I think to myself, closing my eyes as I swipe right and the message box appears. Now what?

I'm frozen and don't know what to say. I hadn't thought this far ahead...

Hello... I type the word and then delete it - it sounds too formal. Hey... I try again, but delete it once more.

I fling my arms out to my sides, groaning in frustration as I lean my head back against the sofa and squeeze my eyes shut. It shouldn't be this hard to send a simple message! Luna opens her eyes, but doesn't move. She just gives me this weird, judgemental stare.

"Oh give me a break, Luna!" I grumble and she looks away, her eyes drifting closed again.

Fortunately, I don't need to worry much longer as I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and I pull myself upright again quickly to find a message from the profile those eyes belong to.

Josh, 26:

Hi, how are you doing this evening?

Yeah, that's a guy's name - it's a surprise to me too. Well, sort of. Most of my life has been a series of short relationships that meant very little. Like I mentioned before, lots of women threw themselves at me and I grew used to it. On the odd occasion where the attraction was mutual, it became clear that something was missing and I'd usually shut them out, then becoming a toxic asshole if that didn't work. I'm not proud of it, but I've been happily single for about a year now, not even fucking random girls. Yeah, I've even been celibate for a year. I'm not sure what's more surprising - Oli Sykes hasn't had sex in a year, or Oli Sykes likes guys too.