18. That someone thought I had some worth

CW: Post sex pains, recovery, mentions of feelings involving addiction and recovery, shower smut/oral sex. Brief mentions of animal abuse/peril.

Josh's POV

A loud rumbling noise wakes me and I'm very confused. My face is sticky from sweat when I try to move but I quickly remember where I am and what happened. I'm not sure how long I've been asleep, but I look up just as Oli stirs from our shared slumber.

"What time is it?" Oli mumbles, his voice thick with sleep.

"About eleven-thirty?" I reply, glancing at my watch. "I think we only slept for around half an hour."

"Mmm," Oli hums and I hear the hint of a smirk in his voice. "Usually takes more than that to wear me out!"

I giggle and he pulls me closer to him, kissing the top of my head. I sigh happily and then the loud rumble startles me again.

"Oh shit!" Oli groans and covers his face. "Must have forgotten breakfast this morning." He shifts underneath me and I sit up to let him out. He swings his legs over the side of the bed to stand up but yelps and falls sideways on the bed again, squeezing his eyes shut tightly and gritting his teeth.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" I squeal and jump off the bed to check on him.

Oli hesitantly opens one eye and peers up at me before his eyes trail over my still-naked body, his gaze hovering on my dick for a bit longer than I expected.

"Well, that explains it," he smirks and trails his tongue over his lips before inclining his head to the corner of the room towards a chair. "I think there are some painkillers in the pocket of my rucksack. Would you mind passing them to me, please?"

A blush dances across my cheeks at his implication, but I know it's a compliment. I do as he's asked and grab the tablets from his rucksack. He grabs the glass of water from his bedside table and tosses the pills back, sitting up more gingerly this time.

"Sorry," I tell him, smiling bashfully and scratching at the back of my neck. "I did warn you though!"

He places the glass back on the counter before reaching towards me, pulling me by my hips towards him and shifting on his knees so he's almost at the same level as me.

"Joshy," he says, kissing me sweetly and making me blush at the nickname again. "Don't apologise, love. I'm aware of the consequences and I wanted this. I love you and any physical pain is bearable compared to the pain of not being with you at all, okay?"

He kisses me on the forehead as I nod slowly and I trail my arms around his shoulders, burying my head into his neck with a slight sniffle.

"You're so sweet," I whine against his skin. "What did a guy like me do to deserve someone like you?"

"I mean, where do I start?" He lets out a breathy chuckle and shifts himself away from me slightly, holding on to my shoulders firmly. "You're the most honest and kind person I've ever met. You're funny but you're not an asshole with it; you seem to always know how to make me smile and on top of all that, you're the most gorgeous person inside and out. Honestly, Josh. I'm so fucking in love with you, I should be the one asking you that!"

My eyes mist over and I feel a sob rising in my throat but Oli stops it by crashing his lips to mine once again, softly and briefly.

"Come on, let's get showered and then we'll get some food."

I help Oli stand and we gently make our way over to the bathroom. Showering together is equal amounts of sweet and sexy. I get to take care of Oli as the painkillers get to work and he allows me to wash him gently. I take my time over it, admiring the ink that covers almost his entire body, including his ass. I ask him questions about them all and he answers graciously, before turning back to me and mumbling something about "returning the favour". He takes the shower puff from me and I think he's talking about washing me too, but he puts it on a shelf behind me and starts kissing down my torso. He slides onto his knees and looks up at me through long lashes before taking my cock into his hands and licking a long stripe along the underside of it.