Childhood Troubles

Chris's clothes quickly grew to big for him. Smothering over his smaller body as he was covered by his outfit. Howard couldn't believe what was happening before him. His teenage son was now no older then 11.

The young boy did not appear to notice these changes until he saw the horrified look on his fathers face.

"What's wrong dad?" Chris asked taking note of his prepubescent voice

"Wow why do I sound like that?" He asked looking at the mirror

"I'm...I'm a kid!"

"I don't need to get a job after all!" Chris realized excitedly

As for Howard he was still trying to process what had just happened. He wanted to be concerned about his sons sudden regression, but struggled to be upset with Chris' apparent enthusiasm towards the strange phenomenon. He smiled as he watched his juvenile son jump in excitement at his new found youth in baggy clothes and was reminded of all the good times he had at this age. These thoughts allowed the old canine to relax.

"Alright champ I guess let's find you some new clothes" Howard said as he walked into the basement

10 minutes later he appeared with a box of Chris's old clothes.

"This should fit you more appropriately buddy"

Chris took the box upstairs and proceeded to get dressed. Once he was fully clothed he began his journey downstairs. Chris observed how things were much larger then they were before, the doorknob was at a new height, the stairs felt a little bigger and he could barely reach the upper shelves in the kitchen.

But the young kid was not concerned at all as he took a seat at the table to await his lunch that was being prepped by his father.

"Enjoy" Howard said as he placed the food and sat down at the table

Sloppy joes, a favourite of Chris' at this age. Both father and son sat down and talked while enjoying their time together.

The next morning Howard awoke his sleepy son.

"Wakey wakey champ, time for school"

"School!?" Chris questioned

"I can't go to high school looking like this"

"Not the worry your amazing father already figured it out. I called your old elementary school and signed you up there" Howard explained

"Oh...ok fifth grade, that should be easy" Chris thought

Both guys got ready and hopped into the car as Howard drove an excited Chris to school.

Hours later Howard picked is son up who appeared rather grumpy and frustrated.

"How was school today kiddo?"

"I don't want to talk about it" Chris mumbled

"Ok then..."

Later at dinner Howard tried to figure out the problem with the young boys day.

"Did something happen at school today?"

"Did the kids not accept you? Were any mean to you?"

"No dad none were mean to me"

"It's just that theres a lot more work in grade 5 then I remember. It was supposed to be easy but I have homework and assignments that I have to work on!"

"Ok, I can help you with that buddy"

"No! I don't wanna do homework! I hate school work I don't want to do work ever again!" Chris screamed as his shirt grew loose on him

Howard watched again as his son shrank, his feet becoming farther from the ground as he lost more and more height. Chris just giggled as he felt himself regress further until he had lost half of his former age, now sitting in front of his father as a little boy, no older then 5.