Kindergarten Boredom

The next morning Howard woke his little son up for Chris' first day back to kindergarten. The old dad helped his son get dressed and ready while finding his old car seat and strapping it into the back.

"Thank goodness I kept this old thing"

Just as he was applying the last strap Chris appeared outside the door ready for the day ahead.

"Ok champ you excited for your first day of kindergarten?"

"Yeah!" Chris said excitedly

Howard proceeded to lift his son into the car seat with a few groans and snaps coming from his back.

As he strapped the little firecracker into his seat. Chris marvelled at how he was able to fit into something so small usually meant for kids so little.

Once at the school, Howard dropped Chris off waving goodbye as he drove to work.

Chris went inside and spent his day in the class. His excitement quickly grew to boredom as he sat through lesson over lesson of shapes, colours and the Alphabet. All the young boy wanted to do was play outside with his classmates. Unfortunately, recesses went by quickly and were limited to only 3 for the whole day.

When Howard picked Chris up, he was sad to see his son was as upset with his day as yesterday.

"How was today buddy?"

"Not fun!" Chris pouted

"Why not?"

"All we did was sit inside and do work. And when we did go outside it was only for a little bit. We never got to play!"

"Well you can play when we get home" Howard suggested

But this didn't seem to help Chris.

"No! I hate school! I just wanna play! I don't want to ever do work again! I hate it!" Chris screamed

Howard sighed as he continued driving. He hoped his son would be in a better mood when they got home. To his surprise, the pouting stopped quickly and was replaced with light giggling. The old father was confused at first as he looked back at his son. He soon realized that Chris had regressed again, as evident by his large clothes. But the little rugrat didn't seem to care.

"Does this mean I don't have to go to school daddy?" He giggled