Disappoinment

Today was the match it was not until 7pm. And it was barely 10am so i decided to rest all day. I planned on talking to Gavi at the game today I'm pretty nervous, mostly because it's been 8 years since I've seen him or talked to him. I plan on looking for his family to talk to them as well.

At around 5pm we were all ready and also ready to leave we headed to the stadium since we had early entrance. I wore a Gavi jersey with some shorts and my air forces. I was so nervous not gonna lie but I was ready to just talk to him I really missed him. Hopefully he feels the same way about me still. I wouldn't see Alyssa and Juliet until after the game so I was looking forward to that.

After the game I spotted gavis sister aurora, I decided to head to the field with my Bestfriends since aurora kept contact with them. We made our way and I tapped on auroras shoulder. "OH MY GOSH" she said happily yelling. "Hiii aurora do you remember me??" "Yes of course how could I not you were like my Bestfriend" I was so happy to hear that my heart was warmed. "Where are your parents" " over there with Gavi cmon let's go" I was nervous since this was my first time talking to Gavi in 8 years. (Also aurora told me that they all haven't forgot me & missed me a lot especially Gavi).

As I started to approached Gavi and his parents I saw Alyssa and Juliet i decided I'd walk over to them first letting my Bestfriends go to where Gavi was with aurora. Alyssa grabbed me by my hand and said I'm ready for you to meet my future husband Marie. I was excited. As we were talking Alyssa looked behind me and called for someone to come over. "Marie" as I turned around I couldn't believe my eyes who was walking towards us. "Me and Gavi are engaged" those words broke my heart so badly. He promised me. Only me. I turned and Gavi was behind me as he turned around he looked at me surprised. "Wait what? You and Gavi are engaged?" I said "yes" I looked at Gavi with disappointment in my eyes. He looked at me and looked disappointed and hurt and sad. Before I could say anything Alyssa spoke and broke the stares and silence.

"Oh my gosh Marie you should totally be one of my bridesmaids" I looked at Gavi. He looked at me upset. "sure I'd love too Alyssa" Gavi looked at me once again he looked sad and confused, like he didn't know what to say. "yay" Alyssa said. "Congratulations gavi I'm happy for you." I said "you two know each other" Alyssa asked us looking confused. "yeah childhood friends it means nothing though I'm really happy for y'all" I said walking off.

I walked to auroras parents said my hellos and goodbyes and left without any other explanation and took an Uber home to my Bestfriends. I got into the guest room and cried my eyes out. "He broke the only promise I told him to keep, how could he?" I thought to myself. Maybe the whole thing is dumb we were kids. I couldn't get gavis look he gave me the entire time.

My two Bestfriends came home and ran up to the guest room. "Marie what's wrong you left without us" "I'm sorry guys I just-" I didn't finish because I started crying. "Hey hey what's wrong tell us take a deep breath" "gavi is engaged" "what to who" "Alyssa" "oh no Marie were so sorry" "it's okay guys it's not her fault either." "Want to go do something fun like the clubs tonight?" "Sure"

It was about 10pm and we headed out to a club. This was a mistake. As I walked in I went to grab me a drink while Anissa and fer danced. As I turn around I wasn't paying attention I bump into someone, when I look up it was none other than Gavi. "I'm sorry" I tried walking off but when I did Gavi grabbed my hand "Marie wait" "yes Pablo" "hey i um... it's been a long time" "yeah I know 8 years huh" "I'm glad to see you here" "yeah um it was about time I visited" I said laughing trying to play it off like my feelings weren't hurt. "Look Marie I know I made you a promise but once you left I was lost I needed you, we lost contact and everything" "Pablo it's okay you don't need to explain I'm glad you're happy and starting your life with someone." I said and walked off. As I was walking off I bumped into Alyssa "hey baby" she said "hi Alyssa" "have you seen Gavi" "um no I haven't but good luck finding him" I said jokingly.

I found fer and Anissa and told them about my interaction with Gavi. I missed him so much but I was really hurt. It was getting really late. We made it home about 3am and I quickly fell asleep.