TWO

THIRD PERSON POV: 

2023... 

Ella sighed as she left Atlético de Madrid Training Complex, she was currently listing to her music and looking over at her notes. She had to write a report about how the Atlético Madrid's players where currently doing before the season starts, so she was invited to watch them train. She had interviewed some of the players, but the one that stuck to her was the interview with Koke. He was easy to talk to and he was polite, she was interested with his opinion because he has been playing for Atlético Madrid since 2000. 

As she flipped a page in her notebook, she had heard someone yell her name. She turned around and she was faced with João, "How deaf are you?" he asked jokingly. Ella realised that her music had blocked out the noises around her, "Almost lost all of my hearing." she joked back. "Yeah, with that horrible music you play..." João said while smirking, Ella glared at him and he gulped. "Anyways... I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch with me?" he asked, Ella looked at the time on her phone "Yeah, sounds great!" she said while smiling.  

João smiled at the girl in-front of him, "Come on, let's go... I'll drive!" he exclaimed. "Please don't kill me!" Ella pleaded while she smiled, João rolled his eyes "As if I would ever do that, I'm a perfect driver!" he scoffed. "Yeah, Yeah..." Ella mumbled, the two walked over to João's car and they entered it. João started the car, and he slowly left the training complex. Once he was on the main road he quickly looked over at Ella and focused back on the road, "How was the interview with Koke?" he asked. Ella smiled to herself, "It went great, he was so nice and down to earth!" she exclaimed. "That's nice..." João mumbled, Ella nodded her head at João's comment. 

• Time Skip •  

João was dying of laughter as Ella told an embarrassing story from her childhood, "So Mitch really did that?" he asked in-between his laughter. "Yeah, he's so stupid!" Ella complained, the laughter eventually died down between the two of them. "I can't believe it's been 2 years since we met in Portugal, and since you started to become a full time journalist in sport." João commented, "Yeah, time went by so quickly!" Ella agreed. "Mitch has been begging for me to visit him at the upcoming race in Spain." she said, "I've been thinking about going to that race, maybe we should go together?" João suggested. Ella thought for a minute, "Yeah sure, I'll finish of the report then organise my tickets and hotel room for the race!" she said. 

João smiled at the girl in-front of him, "The rooms are a bit expensive, and they might be sold out..." he said. Ella's face went pale, "But don't worry! We can share one, we're done it before... and it's only for a couple of nights!" João Blurted. Ella sighed "Thank you, but how do you already have a room?" she asked, "I've been meaning to go to this GP for a while, so I booked it a long time ago." João explained. Ella slowly nodded her head, the two of them finished eating and they left the restaurant. 

------------------ 

Hello Lovely People!! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Jealous, thank you for reading it 🤍

Word Count: 573  

M <3