TWELVE

THIRD PERSON POV:

The dry, sandy air hit Ella in the face as she walked over to her brother. "Hey Mitch!" she exclaimed, Mitch turned around and faced his little sister. "Hello... what's got you all happy?" he asked while he observed Ella's face, "I don't know... I guess that it's finally the winter break and I start my new job in a week." Ella admitted, Mitch slowly nodded his head while Ella talked to him. "You sure it's nothing to do with your new lover boy..." he teased, Ella's expression turned into an ice cold stare, not a single ounce of emotion came from her face. 

Mitch quickly whipped his grin off his face, "Is everything alright between you two?" he asked carefully. Silence lingered over the two siblings, not a word left Ella's mouth for five minutes. "I think I've fallen out of love with him... he doesn't light the spark in me, ever since Brazil it felt like our relationship was kinda forced." Ella admitted, "I think it was his family talking about kids, marriage, settling down together in Brazil... Felipe and I knew that our relationship wasn't a forever relationship, but it felt like it had to be one after that dinner. We started talking about our futures... I tired to imagine that he was my endgame, but he isn't." she whispered. Mitch stared at his sister, thinking of what to say.

"I say leave him... tell him the truth."

"Before you get too deep into that relationship, trust me I've been there before."

• Time Skip •   

CLASH! Was the sound that rung in Ella's ears as she tried to calm the man who she once loved, "Felip-" she tired to say. "SHUT UP, YOU DON'T SAY A FUCKING WORD!" Screamed Felipe as he smashed another hotel lamp, the broken lamp pieces where scattered all over the room that Ella once felt safe in. After minutes, which felt like hours, Felipe calmed down and sat on the bed. Ella stayed still with her arms over her self, desperately trying to protect her body. 

In the distance Ella could hear tiny muffles of crying, she slowly opened her eyes and had seen Felipe sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. Ella slowly sat up and grabbed her already packed suitcase and her backpack, she tired to speak up but nothing came out of her mouth. She quickly bolted out of the hotel-room, making a promise to never see Felipe ever again. 

• Time Skip •   

Ella looked over at the man who she once hatted, the same man who is now protecting her. The same man who she thought was an egotistical asshole. "Are you alright?" Jack asked, Ella remained quiet. Jack slowly walked over towards Ella and sat down next to her, "I'm here if you need me, you can sleep in my bed for tonight." he calmly said. Ella nodded in response, Jack sat up to go to the bathroom but quickly stopped in his tracks as Ella gently grabbed onto his wrist. 

He looked behind him, his heart was instantly crushed once he saw the state that Ella was in. "Don't go... I'm afraid that he will return." Ella whispered, all that Jack could see was fear in Ella. "I won't leave you, I just have to quickly go to the bathroom. I promise that he won't return, I will make sure of that." Jack reassured. "One more thing... please don't tell anyone about this" she cried, Jack quickly wrapped his arms around her and she relaxed a little bit. "I won't tell anyone until you tell me to." he whispered into her ear, "Thank you so much" she mumbled. 

• Time Skip •   

The bright light shined on Jack and woke him up, the feeling of someone being in his bed was unusual. But he didn't mind he turned over and was met with Ella's beautiful face, she looked peaceful almost like nothing horrible happened to her last night. Jack wanted to touch her face, to push her curly hair out of the way to see her better. But he didn't... he stayed put, looking carefully at Ella, studying her features.

ELLA'S POV:

As I sat up and looked around the unfamiliar hotel-room that I was in, memories started to flood back in as my eyes looked at an Alpine top with 'Doohan' on the back of it. Fear filled up my body as I remembered Felipe screaming and throwing objects around the hotel room that looked identical to the room that I currently lay in, but quickly a small sense of calmness slowly spills into my body as I remember Jack protecting me.

∞ Flashback  ∞

I push past someone as I try to get out of this never-ending nightmare, tears blur my vision and I am so weak that I need to stop walking. I feel like I'm about to pass out, suddenly a hand is placed on my shoulder. I immediately freeze up, I fear that it's him. The same man who I'm trying to escape from, the same man who looked like he wanted to murder me with his own bare hands. 

"Ella?" I hear from a familiar voice, it had an Australian accent almost like Oscar's but not quite like his. "Leave me alone jack... I- I really need to leave this place." I cry, "Oh Ella... who hurt you?" I hear Jack ask and suddenly he is hugging me. I hesitate at first, but I give in. I needed a hug from someone, I needed someone to protect me right now. 

I pull away after a minute and look into his eyes, "I really need to get out of here... I tried to end things with Felipe... but he got mad and h-" I cried but couldn't finish my sentence, it was like my throat was closed up and no air could come in or out. My eyes landed on a familiar face, "Jack... he's here" I whispered. I couldn't move at all, I was stuck to the ground. But Jack grabbed onto my wrist and dragged me away.

∞ Flashback ends  ∞

The bathroom door screeches open and Jack stepped out, his hair was partially wet. His eyes met mine, and he studied my face. For once I felt shy around him, "How are you feeling?" he calmly asked. His voice smoothed me, "Alright, still a bit shaken up" I croaked. Silence fell over the two of us, but I could sense he wanted to ask me a question. He opened his mouth to talk but I quickly stopped him, "He didn't hurt me, nor did he touch me. He smashed lamps and some bits of it scratched me as it was flying across the room." I admitted. Jack slowly let out a sigh of relief, "As long as you're fine and he didn't hurt you... I won't murder him" he joked. I chuckled at his response, "Well I better get going, my flight leaves in a couple of hours." I quietly said.

"Thank you for everything Jack..." I whispered, "No worries... here's my phone number, don't hesitate to ask me for help." he said and handed me a piece of paper with his phone number on it. I smiled and entered the bathroom, I changed into every-day clothes and left his hotel room. 

I'm never coming back to F1... I said to myself as I left the building

------------------

Hello Lovely People!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm so so so so so so sorry for not writing for an entire month. I had writers block and I was finishing up my school year, there where lots of exams. I promise I will try and write more, hopefully I finish this book before School starts next year.

Word Count: 1298 

M <3