ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

Once you had changed into a simple dress, you took the neatly folded cloth from Sigewinne back, expressing your gratitude

Your gaze shifted between the petite nurse and Wriothesley.

"Thank you both for rescuing me. I believe it's time for me to take my leave."

You turned to exit the room, but before you could make your way, Wriothesley took a step forward.

"May I inquire if you have a place to stay?" His words held a touch of concern.

You faced the detective, a subtle smile gracing your lips. "Fontaine is my place."

"I think what Sir Wriothesley means is if you have a place to sleep," Sigewinne interjected, her curiosity evident.

"I understand," you replied, your expression serene. "In that case, I do not have a designated home."

Engaging in extended conversations with humans is a rather unfamiliar occurrence for you.

Typically, their response to your presence would involve bows or kneels, accompanied by downcast gazes and hesitant speech.

The memory of your discussion with Rukkhadevata about this matter resurfaces. She had simply giggled and remarked that they were merely afraid of you.

However, the concept of fear remains somewhat enigmatic to you.

Understanding human emotions continues to be a complex endeavor, and the intricacies of their feelings elude your grasp.

Wriothesley heaves a sigh and holds the door ajar, extending an invitation,

"If you'd like, you're welcome to stay at my place." A warm smile adorns his face as he gestures for you to follow him.

As you exit the room with Wriothesley, Sigewinne can't help but burst into giggles, quickly sensing the potential for a romantic narrative to unfold.

Observing the Detective so smitten is an unexpectedly charming sight.

"I must inform the others about this right away!"

Walking alongside Wriothesley to his home, you find yourself in awe of the changes that have transformed your nation.

The unfamiliar yet captivating beauty of it all leaves you intrigued.

As you both venture into the Vasari Passage, your attention is drawn to imposing mechanical entities patrolling the area.

"Wriothesley, what are those?" you inquire, your gaze fixed on the peculiar creations.

Wriothesley follows your line of sight, explaining, "Ah, those are Clockwork Mekas. They're a type of automatons developed here in Fontaine, designed to maintain public safety. Some might view them as tools of the state, responsible for upholding order and control."