ʜᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

With each step down the grand staircase, a growing sense of weariness gnawed at your feet

The elegant, but torturous, high heels you'd worn all evening had taken their toll.

As you hurriedly descended, the allure of your own home beckoned, and you longed to escape the superficial conversations that swirled around the Opera Epiclese.

But just as you thought you were free, a voice called your name.

Reluctantly, you turned, a blend of exhaustion and curiosity in your expression.

Neuvillette approached with a confident stride, his words warm like a comforting embrace in the chilly post-trial air.

"Lady Y/N, your astute observation and commitment to justice were truly commendable today. You handled the twists and turns of this trial with remarkable poise. Fontaine is fortunate to have someone of your caliber."

He complimented, a subtle blush gracing his otherwise pale cheeks.

You mustered a faint smile, somewhat bemused by the attention.

To you, it had been a matter of presenting facts and evidence.

Why was everyone making such a fuss?

"Ah, thank you," you replied graciously, your voice soft.

With a polite farewell, you started to turn away, but Neuvillette's hand gently, yet firmly, encircled your waist, turning you back to face him.

His cerulean eyes met yours with earnest concern.

"May I accompany you to your home?" he inquired, the weight of unsolved mysteries hanging in the air.

"There's still the serial killer of the vanishing girls walking freely around... So I think it would be best if I were with you," he added, his voice laced with protective intent.

You took a moment to ponder Neuvillette's request.

His concern was genuine, and you couldn't deny the prudence in having him by your side, especially with the shadow of the vanishing girls' serial killer looming.

"Mh, okay," you acquiesced, your faint smile conveying both gratitude and reassurance.

A sigh of relief escaped Neuvillette as he sensed your agreement, grateful for the opportunity to protect you.

He extended his arm towards you, a silent invitation, and you accepted it without hesitation.

Together, you walked towards your shared home, the morning breeze whispering secrets of the trials and mysteries yet to be unveiled.

●