ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

In the peaceful embrace of Neuvillette, you slumber soundly, nestled safely in his arms, his long dragon tail gently encircling your waist

It's a moment of absolute tranquility, a perfect reflection of the connection between mates.

Neuvillette tenderly strokes your now-flat stomach with affection, his thoughts drifting to the upcoming weeks when your belly will swell with life, carrying the precious child you both brought into existence.

With a resigned sigh, Neuvillette reluctantly checked the clock.

It was time for him to head out to work, a prospect he was not at all excited about.

Staying home with you was infinitely more appealing than the duties that awaited him at the Palais Mermonia.

"Love," he whispered, leaning down to plant a series of gentle kisses on your lips, his warm affection evident.

You slowly roused from your slumber, blinking with tired eyes as you gazed at him.

"Hm? What's going on?" you mumbled sleepily.

"I just wanted to let you know I have to head to work now," Neuvillette said, and you responded by groaning softly and pulling him closer.

"Can't you come in a bit later? I don't want you to go," you protested.

"I wish I could, my love," Neuvillette murmured, his lips grazing your forehead as he spoke.

"But you know how demanding my position is. I have responsibilities to attend to."

He looked into your eyes with a tender smile, his hand gently caressing your cheek.

You sighed sadly and released your grip, reluctantly saying, "Alright..."

Neuvillette couldn't help but smile warmly, his eyes filled with affection.

"Whenever you're ready, love, my office at the Palais Mermonia is always open to you."

"Will do..." You tiredly replied.

Neuvillette pressed a gentle kiss to your lips.

"That's my mate," he whispered affectionately.

"I'll see you later. Take good care of yourself and our little one."

With that, he reluctantly got out of bed, dressed, and headed out to fulfill his duties, leaving you feeling warm and loved, cradling the tiny life growing inside you.

As you stepped into the quiet, empty home shared with Wriothesley and Sigewinne, a sense of loneliness washed over you.

The Meropide Fortress had become their second home, and when duty called, they often spent days, if not weeks, away from the comfort of your shared life.