~9~

Amiro stumbled through the castle, once again being far too drunk to walk properly. He managed to make it back to his room and flopped down on his bed, not bothering to change or take off the heavy makeup and layers of glitter on his skin. He smiled widely when he grabbed the soft pillow and pulled it close.

He buried his face in it and closed his eyes, allowing himself to drift off into a light sleep. He slept comfortably for a few hours before he was awoken by a loud knock at his door.

Amiro groaned as he stood up and walked over to the door. He swung open the door and leaned against the door frame as he yawned and stared up at the taller male in front of him. "What do you want, Crow? I'm trying to sleep."

Crow stared down at him with a blank expression and said, "Shungi needs you. He said it's important." Amiro sighed and rubbed his temple. "Tell him I'll be there soon." Crow nodded and bowed slightly before turning and walking off. Amiro closed his door and went to change and clean himself up.

He looked in the bathroom mirror and looked at his face; mascara and eyeliner were smeared everywhere; the glitter on his collar bone and cheek bones now stood in patches; and the dark red lipstick he had on was smeared off the side of his mouth.

He grabbed a makeup wipe and cleaned his face. He looked at himself one last time in the mirror before going to change. He simply put on a pair of black jeans and a shirt; he then put on his boots and made his way out of his room to his brother's office. He walked down the hall and glanced around as he did so. He hated how bland the walls had gotten after his brother took the throne. He just stayed quiet and made his way to Shungi's office.

When he got there, he knocked on the door and waited for a response. After a few more tries, he finally heard a soft 'come in', and he immediately swung open the door and stepped into the room. "I was fucking busy. What the hell do you want?" He looked at Shungi, who was sitting on a chair at the other end of the room.

"Okay, well, first off, I would ask what's up your ass, but I think we both know that it's half the kingdom. And second, I had something to tell you, so take a seat." Amiro stared at him for a long moment before going to sit on the sofa in the corner of his office by the desk. "Fine, make it quick." Shungi nodded and sighed. "Well, I have to go away for a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if you'd watch the kingdom for me while I'm gone."

Amiro stared at him for a while before laughing, and once realising he was serious, he shook his head. "Shungi, I love you and all, but what the hell are you thinking? You want me to take over for a few weeks?" Shungi simply nodded. "Yes, you've been king before; you know how to do things; I trust you." Amiro chuckles. "You have a son; can't he do it? Or is he 'not ready'?" Amiro laughs louder and leans towards Shungi. "Listen, you need to let him do things himself sometime. He's almost eighteen, and hell, I haven't known where my daughter is half of the time since she was sixteen."

"Well, maybe I'm not like you; I actually want to know where my son is, and for your information, dumbass, Ace will not be king. He has already told me he doesn't want to take the throne after me, and he won't. It's as simple as that." Shungi spat and glared at Amiro. "So are you just going to have another kid or what? You need an heir to the throne." Amiro reached over and rested his hand on Shungi's desk. "Oh, I have an heir. It's Arai."

Amiro's eyes widened. "Are you serious? Arai? Does he even live here? The last time I checked, he lived on earth with Shadow."

"I'm aware he still lives with Shadow, but it's either him or your daughter, and I don't think she'd like having to stay in Asheora most of the time." Shungi leans back in his chair and smiles widely. "So can you take over for a few weeks?" Amiro thought about it for a while before shaking his head. "I can't, okay? I can't take over again. So just please get someone else to take over while you're gone."

Amiro watched Shungi pull a book from his shelf and start looking through it. "And who exactly do you think could take over while I'm gone besides you?" Shungi didn't look up at him. "Komori; he's been king before." Amiro smiled. "Komori? I never thought of letting him take over." Shungi thought about it for a minute before shrugging. "I guess I could let him take over for now. And I'll let you go back to whatever you were doing then."

Shungi finally looked up at Amiro, and he nodded. "Okay, well, I'll see you later then." Amiro stood and ruffled Shungi's hair a bit before leaving the room. Amiro went back to his room and laid down again, burying his face in his pillow and letting out a long sigh. He closed his eyes and let himself drift off to sleep once again.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Amiro finally woke up the next morning and groaned, rolling over and grabbing a pillow, hugging it tightly. He laid there for a few hours before getting out of bed and walking over to his bar. He grabbed a bottle of tequila, took it over to the small kitchen in his room, and grabbed a chocolate muffin from the cabinet. He sat on the counter and opened the bottle, taking a sip of it before taking a bite of the muffin.

After a minute, Amiro finished the muffin and drank the rest of the tequila. He threw the empty bottle in the trash and slid off the counter. Amiro glanced at the clock on the wall and realised it was already late in the afternoon. He decided he'd get dressed and go on a walk, so he did. He put on a cropped sweater and a short skirt before doing some simple makeup, then he left his room and walked out of the castle to the main part of the kingdom.

Amiro looked around at the various clubs and casinos mixed in with a few restaurants. He walked for what felt like forever before getting to a park close to the next ring over; it was the only part of Asheora that actually had plants that were actually green or resembling earth without him having to actually go to earth. Amiro sat by a tree and leaned his head back, smiling softly and closing his eyes for a while before he heard a familiar voice.

His eyes shot open, and he looked around for him. After a few seconds, he saw him. Tieran, and some woman he'd never seen. He noticed Tieran holding her hand and laughing about something she'd said. And Amiro could feel his blood boiling. He watched Tieran look over at the woman; the way he looked at her made him sick. He thought he'd seen enough, so he stood quickly and left the park just as quickly. Amiro didn't want to even be near the man anymore; he hated him. He wished he'd just disappear. And with his walk ruined, he went back to his room in the castle to drink and get high for the rest of the day.