~Prologue~

|•|TW: Mentions of abuse and suicide|•|

Amiro lay on his bedroom floor staring up at the ceiling. It was silent, he wasn't used to the silence. His father was always yelling at him or his younger brother, unless he was passed out drunk. He did that sometimes and that gave Amiro and his brother a few hours of peace. Their mother was nothing like their father, she was nice, and quiet. But she was never around.

After a while of the silence Amiro had started to drift off to sleep before he heard the loud crash of his father, the young boy sighed and got up to see what he had done. He snuck silently out of his room and down the stairs, seeing his father walking around the house, the smell of beer hit him immediately and he glanced over towards the opposite wall, seeing a broken beer bottle. He climbed down the stairs and over to the bottle, he began cleaning the shards of glass, wincing when the smaller pieces of glass cut his bare hands.

He went to the trash bin by the counters in the kitchen. His body jolted when he felt his father's cold hand on his arm, he hissed at the grip he had on him. He was ready for the yelling and for his father's hand or fist to meet his stomach or face. His only thoughts before he sighed and accepted his father's abuse was that he wished it would just end tonight.

Once Amiro was finally able to get back up the stairs he skipped going to his bedroom and turned down the hall towards the bathroom. He closed the door, not locking it, thinking nobody would even walk in, and he opened the medicine cabinet, rummaging through the various pills before finding a bottle that would work.

He sat down and leaned against the bath tub before he grabbed a box of razors from behind the toilet, he took one out before sliding the box across the room. He pulled up his sleeves, the cuts from the previous night and the bruises his father left staring at him, taunting him, and as he began to cut, he smiled, it felt good to him now. It was like a drug to him.

Once he was finished with his arm he opened the bottle of pills, emptying its contents into his hand and throwing his head back as he took them. He swallowed hard, choking on the pills before he closed his eyes and began to wait for death to consume him.

He heard the bathroom door start to creek open slowly a few minutes later, and the moment before the world went black, he could see the faint image of his younger brother and the horror on his face as he saw his older brother dying on the bathroom floor.

"I'm sorry, Shu."

Was the last thing he said before he was gone.

|•|I hope you liked this chapter, I know it probably isn't the best, but it's ok|•|