~14~

When Amiro woke up the next day, his entire body was sore, and when he moved to roll over, he let out a groan of pain and curled up in a ball. He laid like this for a few minutes before he felt the bed dip beside him. He immediately raised his head and looked behind himself. "Komori?" He whispered. "Yes?" Komori answered simply as he leaned over Amiro to grab something off the nightstand. "Why are you still here? Don't you have things to do?" Komori sat back again before he spoke. "I took today off so I could take care of you." Amiro felt a soft blush spread across his cheeks as he once again made an attempt to roll over.

As Amiro struggled to roll over, he winced in pain and let out a small groan. Komori quickly reached out to help him, gently supporting his movements. "You don't have to do this," Amiro said, his voice filled with gratitude. "I appreciate your care, but I don't want to be a burden." Komori smiled warmly and reassured him. "You're never a burden to me. Taking care of you is the least I can do for someone as important as you." Komori then handed Amiro a glass of water and some medicine. "Take these; they should help." Amiro nodded and took the pills as he took a sip of the water. "Thank you, Komori." Amiro smiled, and Komori nodded. "You're welcome."

A while later, after the medicine finally kicked in, Amiro reached beside his bed and pulled out a bag of white powder, and before he even made a line, he looked over at Komori. "Do you want some?" He held up the bag for Komori to see, and after a few seconds, Komori nodded. "Yeah, go ahead and make me a line; I'll do it after you." Amiro nodded and made two lines on the nightstand, one for him and one for Komori. Amiro rolled up a dollar and snorted his line. He threw his head back and whipped any excess powder from his nose before he handed Komori the dollar.

Komori did the same as Amiro, and once done, he sat the rolled-up dollar on the nightstand and sighed before sitting back on the bed. Amiro looked over at him before crawling over to him and laying his head on his lap. Komori began to gently twirl his fingers through Amiro's hair, and the two sat in silence for a while before they heard a knock at the door. Their gazes shifted towards the door, and Amiro sighed. He lifted his head and yelled for whoever was at the door to come in. The door slowly opened, and Crow stepped in. His gaze immediately met Komori, then shifted to Amiro. Crow's expression hardened as he took in the scene before him. He cleared his throat, breaking the tense silence in the room, and asked, "Am I interrupting something?"

Amiro only shook his head and said, "Not really. Did you need something?" Crow nodded. "I actually did need something; I was going to ask if you wanted to go somewhere with me later." Amiro hesitated for a minute before looking up at Komori, then he looked at Crow once again. He then shook his head. "I can't, Crow. Maybe another day?" Crow considered it for a minute before sighing. "Yeah, okay. Another day then; just call me when we can." Crow said softly. "Sure, I'll let you know when I'm free." Crow nodded sadly before he turned to leave, but not before giving Amiro a small smile. "Take care of yourself, okay?" Amiro nodded, appreciating the gesture. Crow then walked out of the room.

Amiro looked up at Komori again and noticed a look of confusion on his face. "What's wrong?" Amiro whispered and reached up to run his fingers along Komori's cheek. "Hm? Oh, I was just wondering why you didn't want to go out with him; I would've been perfectly fine with it."

"I just wanted to spend some time with you; besides, you said I should rest today," Amiro whispered and cuddled into Komori's side. "Oh, well, I'm glad you actually listened to me then." Komori looked down at Amiro and smiled as he reached down to run his fingers through his hair. "You know, you smell nice, Komori." Komori chuckled softly. "I thought I always smelled nice; you've mentioned it quite a bit." Amiro blushed and nuzzled his face further into Komori's side, his cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Well, maybe I just like the way you smell even more today." Komori's smile widened, and he pulled Amiro closer.

Amiro let out a small squeak and glanced up at Komori, who just stared down at him, smiling. "It looks like someone's blushing." Komori chuckled teasingly, and Amiro let out a dramatic gasp and sat up quickly. "I am not blushing." He huffed, which only made Komori chuckle again. "Yes, you are, and I think it's quite cute." He poked the tip of Amiro's nose softly before pulling him close to him and kissing his cheek. Which only made Amiro blush more, and out of embarrassment, he tried to bury his face in Komori's neck.

Komori lifted Amiro's head from his shoulder so he was looking at him. The two stared at each other before Komori kissed Amiro softly, using his thumbs to caress Amiro's cheek gently. Amiro practically melted into Komori's touch as they stayed like this for what felt like ages, but in reality, it was only a few seconds before Komori pulled away and left his hands lingering on Amiro's cheeks for a moment. "We should probably eat; I'll make us something. Is there anything in particular you might want?" Amiro thought for a minute before shaking his head. "Whatever you're having is fine; can you bring me a bottle of vodka though?"

"Sure. And does salmon sound good to you?" Amiro hid a face of disgust with a small smile as he hesitantly nodded. "Yeah, that'll be fine." Komori kissed his forehead before standing up. "Alright, I'll bring you your vodka, then I'll start cooking." Komori walked off to the mini-bar in Amiro's room and grabbed a bottle from it before walking back over and handing it to him. "Thanks, Komori." Amiro opened the bottle and took a drink. "You're welcome."

Komori then walked over to the kitchen and started cooking. Amiro watched him from the bed, the blanket pulled around him as he took drinks from the bottle every now and then. And after a while, Komori carried two plates with salmon on them. And Amiro held back a grimace as he looked at the plate Komori handed him. He didn't really know why he told him salmon was fine, but by now he was regretting it, and it wasn't that Komori was a bad cook, because he was far from it. Amiro just didn't particularly like the taste or texture of salmon. But, without complaining to Komori about it, he decided to get over it and eat it. The first bite made him want to throw up, but he managed to swallow it.

Komori had already taken a few bites of his, and he looked at Amiro. "Does it taste okay?" It took Amiro a minute to register what Komori had said since he was too busy convincing himself to swallow his second bite. "Oh. Yeah, it's amazing." Amiro smiled and looked over at Komori, hoping he couldn't tell he was very clearly lying. "That's good." Amiro let out a soft sigh and nodded before returning to what he'd named the plate of salmon, 'hell on a plate'. He managed to eat the whole thing and then chugged the rest of the bottle of vodka to get rid of the taste while Komori washed their dishes.

Once Komori finished, he came back over to the bed and laid down, pulling Amiro beside him and cuddling him. The two lay like that for a few hours before Komori fell asleep, leaving Amiro awake and staring at the wall, not wanting to move, so he didn't wake up Komori.